Jason Jones
Jason Jones, Computer Technician
Experience:  Over 10 years work experience.
30759776

Outlook will not send emails from my BT account but will receive

Outlook will not send emails from my BT account but will receive emails to my BT email address. I can send BT emails on the same computer from the BT website using same user account and password.
All other e-mail accounts (icloud, gmail etc.) are OK
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 1 year ago.
I will be the person helping you today.
I can see that you may need a little bit of extra help.
May I ask if you still need help with this problem? If so, may I start a screen sharing session on your computer and help you resolve the problem?
Once the remote session begins, we will be able to communicate via a chat window on your computer.
Jason
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I am concerned about letting someone I don't know access the computer

Hello Jim,
I totally understand your anxiety regarding this. We don't have to do it, if you don't want to. I can tell you that I have remoted into computers a hundreds of thousands of times, with no problems. When I remote in, I only share control of the keyboard and mouse with you. Once you close the remote application or I close it, there is nothing left on your computer that will allow any sort of access.
I suggested the remote service as a favor to you, due to the fact you have tried a few things regarding the account, but nothing has worked. It seems that there is a deeper rooted problem in the system. May I ask how you wish to continue?
***** *****
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

With £28 before anything is done and £32 already for the next stage I guess i'll just use another email for outgoing

As stated previously, we don't have to do the remote if you don't wish to. When you attempt to send an email, what error message are you given? Also, which values are you using for the outgoing server?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Message says my user name or password ***** be wrong but they work from the website.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

While I was waiting I changed the outgoing server from smtp.o2.co.uk which set automatically to mail.btinternet.com as on my ipad. It now works fine. Thank you for talking to me!

You are super welcome.I am glad we didn't have to do the remote, to save you some money.Please, do not forget to rate my help on this page.Thank you for your time, the chance to work with you, and for the update.I am a member of all computer, networking, and cell phone categories. If you ever need anything else, please let me know.I'm online most hours of the day and only a brief time away.-Jason
Jason Jones, Computer Technician
Experience: Over 10 years work experience.