Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues
32989067

Recently I upgraded Windows Vista 64 bit to Windows

Customer Question

Recently I upgraded Windows Vista 64 bit to Windows 7 64 bit. The upgrade worked fine. I then had to reload all my software and all my files which I had backed up prior to the upgrade.
When I reloaded my .pst files and Microsoft Outlook, I found that the last 18 months of emails were not displayed one one of my two profiles. The other profile displayed all the emails. I need to find where the missing emails are.
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
The PST file may have an issue.
If one of the profiles has the correct emails, export the emails from this profile, then sign into the second profile and import the emails into this. You can choose as part of the process to not import duplicates.
Make sure to select this.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hello Richard, I'm not sure that I understand. I imported one .pst file into one profile (one of my businesses, Safety Squared) and another .pst file into a second profile ( my other business, UKPF). The Safety Squared profile has the missing emails, the UKPF profile is complete. Can you confirm what you want me to do?
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Ok, the way you explained it they were importing the same PST files, but I see its completely different.It looks like the export process did not complete which is why the emails are not being imported.The old PST may be still on the computer as we need to get this.If you click start, computer, then click on C drive, do you see a folder called windows.old?I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you. Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse. I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps. Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong. If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me. Thanks, Richard
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Can you go to www.teamviewer.com
Click on Download for Free
Download and install the program and give me the ID and Password ***** please so I can connect
Do not close the program but leave it open else I will not be able to connect
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

ID is: 800 377 928

password ***** *****

program left open

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
connecting now