Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues
32989067

All my emails are getting stuck in my outbox, ive moved all

All my emails are getting stuck in my outbox, ive moved all existing messages to drafts and deleted the attachments and still cant send any emails ??
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Can you tell me please which email program you are using? eg: Outlook 2010?
And which email service is it connecting to?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Richard

its 2010 and its a company email address that I have linked to my outlook

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, the reason it is being stuck in the outbox is because it cannot reach the SMTP server at the company that handles sending the emails. This results in them staying in the outbox.
You should be getting an error message (check bottom right).
What is the error being displayed?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Ive checked SMTP with our tech guy and hes tried it from another device and its fine. the error that is coming up is:

0x800ccc13 cannot connect to network.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ThanksWhich version of windows are you using?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Windows 10

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ThanksClose all programsPress the windows key + X and click on Command Prompt (admin)A black window will open. Type insfc /scannowPress enterIt will run a scan. Let this complete and when it has, then try to send an emailLet me know the results please.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

You little belta Richard !!

It scanned files and successfully repaired them.

Also said details could be found in 'CBS log Windir\logs\CBS\CBS.log'

If it helps you.

Thanks a million :)

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Perfect! Was a corrupted system file, will be ok now.
Maybe tell the IT Guys the solution as a few people going to windows 10 there may get this problem.
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.