Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues
32989067

I have up dated to windows 10 and have lost my emails from

Customer Question

I have up dated to windows 10 and have lost my emails from the yahoo account (sky email address with talktalk account). I have my outlook account. Please can you help?
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Exactly how where you accessing your Yahoo Account? Via an email program or via your internet browser?
Please let me know
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Via email app
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Which email app did you use before updating?
I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you.
Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse.
I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps.
Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong.
If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me.
Thanks,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
remote support help please.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, please accept the offer and I can then connect and help this way.
Richard, Software Engineer
Experience: Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I accept the offer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you Richard, what happens now?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Can you go to www.teamviewer.com
Click on Download for Free
Download and install the program and give me the ID and Password ***** please so I can connect
Do not close the program but leave it open else I will not be able to connect
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am lost can you help please?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
On which step of my instructions did you get stuck?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I down load the programme the id appeared and I put in the password. Then it wanted a partner (dont' know what this is) and also the email address is the con I can get ie the Outlook one I want the sky address (which is a talk talk line).
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
As per my instructions, you need to give ME HERE the ID and Password
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok I'll try again sorry for the mistakes (am getting a little fraught).
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
its ok, but please, take your time and carefully follow the instructions.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can no longer down load the free download or rather it wont open unless I close the teamviewer and if I do this everything disappears. What am I doing wrong?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Initially you missed some of my instructions, this is what you initially did wrong.
Restart the computer please then carefully follow my instructions again please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry, do you mean shut the computer down or is there another way of restarting? (apologies). And if I shut down how do I get back to you?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
its okYes, shut down the computer, then start it please.Then return to this page and post a message and it will then come to me like we are now doing.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok don't know what I'm doing wrong - I don't think I know my ID. What is the ID and the password ***** is coming up automatically?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK I think I finally understand - I give you the password ***** ID that came up automatically. If so I can do that.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
yes. you give me that
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi I found your email on my ipad (the sky email doesn't work on the computer (only the outlook one).ID is 800 491 300 Password ***** ***** taj 71 (sorry I can't remember if there are spaces as I've just done it).
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
the password ***** gave is incorrectCan you double check it please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I keep writing the same thing and getting numerous emails (on my ipad, since I cant receive them on my computer). I am now totally confused. Is there any progress? Should I leave my computer on all night? Please contact me.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
I needed the correct Password ***** you which I never received before...
Are you available tomorrow as I am nearly off for my shift now.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes but I can give you the info now or what time tomorrow? (I did send the info but I had lost the page and I don't know where it went.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Anytime tomorrow is ok, I will be here
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ID is 800 491 300 and password ***** ***** I thought I send it now in case I lose it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK thanks how do I find this page?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
just return here tomorrow please like you are doing now.