Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues
32989067

I have downloaded windows 10, but can't to use it. I'm being

I have downloaded windows 10, but can't to use it. I'm being asked for a password ***** I enter my password ***** seem to be wrong , tried to change but can't please can you help
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Hi there and welcome
To confirm, you are being asked for this password ***** you try to sign into windows 10?
Please let me know.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Sorry but I don't quite know what to do, I can't get to change my password ***** would be better for me if I could talk to someone as I'm not very good at this
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, but this is the password ***** sign into windows correct?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
sorry but I don't seem to be getting help at all can't get into windows 10
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
thank you for confirming the issue...you have three options here which I will list out. As this is security, there is no simple solution, but any of these three options will work, it will just depend on how commfortable you feel doing them. 1)Reinstall the computer. This means you reinstall windows but lose all your data on the computer. It is not ideal, but the easiest way to do this. For this option, on the log in screen, hold down the SHIFT button and with it held down, click the power icon and choose restart. Keep SHIFT held until it has restarted into a menu. Choose Troubleshoot, then Reset my PC. This returns the PC to new, so you can set it up again. 2) Take it to a computer store, have them take out the hard drive and copy out your data to another disk. Then the reinstall can be done and you wont lose your data. Programs you have to install again. 3) This is the most complex solution, but it will mean you will not lose your data or programs and can do this yourself Save this file to your computer Click Me After downloading the ZIP file, locate it and double-click on it. Select "Extract All." Extract the files to the same folder the ZIP file is in. The .ISO file is a CD image file used to create a bootable CD. The file must be burned as a bootable CD - not as a data file - to a CD. If you don't know how to do this, the simplest method is to download the freeware ISO burner at the link below: <a href="http://isorecorder.alexfeinman.com/isorecorder.htm">http://isorecorder.alexfeinman.com/isorecorder.htm</a> Choose the appropriate version for your system (at present, version 3.1 for Windows Vista and Windows 7.) Download the installation file to a convenient folder. After downloading it, right-click on the file and select "Install." Now go back to the .ISO file, right-click on it, and select "Copy image to CD." After burning the bootable CD, put it in your problem computer and restart the computer. Tap anykey to have the disk load. Follow the instructions given on the screen to change the password ***** the target account. This video shows you how to do the instructions I explained <A href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWnV5SM7iS0">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWnV5SM7iS0</a> After completing the reset procedure, remove the CD from the drive and restart the system. The password ***** the target account is now set to whatever you chose. You will have to do one of these three options to get access to the computer again. If you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know. And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
cant understand all of this , I'm an 80 year old, and don't know enough to comply I hope I won't be charged for this as it isn't any help at all to me sorry
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Hello again, I see that you have left me a poor rating, instead of continuing to communicate with me. Was that a mistake? If you had problems with the instructions, the right thing to do would be to tell me where. ir explain why I provided a poor service. Please, let me know how else, I can be of assistance. Thank you,
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
So sorry about this , it's just that I can't understand I think I would be better with a phone call
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok it would be nice if you would consider changing the rating if I was not rude in any way, I will simplify the instructions to a few steps, so carefully follow this please on the log in screen, where you enter your password, hold down the SHIFT button and with it held down, click the power icon in the bottom right and choose restart. Keep SHIFT held until it has restarted into a menu. Choose Troubleshoot, then Reset my PC. This returns the PC to new, so you can set it up again.Let me know how you go or where exactly you get stuck please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
done what you told me, and it took me back to the same screen as I had at the start, still asking for a password ***** I can't seem to give thr right one, ps I hope I won't be charged for this as I'm back where I started
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Ok, you did not do what I asked else you would not have the problem still...
I need you please to take your time and follow the instructions carefully.
I know this is not occurring as it took many messages to get you to just read my initial messages, plus you are not telling me when you are getting stuck in the instructions.
You have gone and made a complaint about me, the right thing to do is actually take the time and care needed Agnes to follow the instructions I have given you as they do work....
I will again repeat the instructions.
on the log in screen, where you enter your password, hold down the SHIFT button and with it held down, click the power icon in the bottom right and choose restart. Keep SHIFT held until it has restarted into a menu. Choose Troubleshoot, then Reset my PC. This returns the PC to new, so you can set it up again.
ps, I hope you tell me where you get stuck when following the instructions.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Could you please tell me if I will be charged for a service that did not solve my problem I tried another password ***** I had and it was the right one