Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues
32989067

I am using Outlook 2013 under Windows 10. Since installing

Customer Question

I am using Outlook 2013 under Windows 10. Since installing Windows 10, I have been unable to SEND or REPLY to emails in my inbox
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Close outlook
Then press the windows key + X and click on Command Prompt (Admin)
Type in
sfc /scannow
Press enter
Let this complete, restart and you should then be able to send,
I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.
Let me know the results please
Richard, Software Engineer
Experience: Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Command prompt says I must be an administrator. I am an administrator!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am the only user of this home computer.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
you missed the first instructions.
Not Command Prompt but the one with (Admin) next to it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I attempted to send a message to my brother-in law using my main email address, but I still received the error message below when I tried to SEND/RECEIVETask 'Synchronizing subscribed folders for***@******.*** (1).' reported error (0x800CCC0E) : 'Outlook cannot synchronize subscribed folders for***@******.*** (1). Error: Cannot connect to the server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).'
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, but were you able to do my instructions. Did the scan complete?
as the last message I got you were not doing the instructions correctly so I need to know please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, the scan took ages but completed. There was a message that some errors were identified but could not be fixed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I could not copy the full message which followed the scan because I wanted to restart.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Go to File, Account Settings.
Then click on More Settings, then Advance.
Make sure for incoming port SSL is select and port 993 is entered
Click ok, save this and then restart and check the settings remained.
Then tell me if you still get the error please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I tried File in Outlook then Info then account settings but did not find any info about SSL Port
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
you missed out the rest of the steps Go to File, Account Settings. Then click on More Settings, then Advance.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was not offered the option of More settings or Advance
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
what do yoiu see when you click more settings.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was at Account and Social Media settings and saw which email addresses were POP etc. There was no option for More Settings
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, your in the wrong place.
I think its easier if I connect and do this
I am going offline now till tomorrow, can you message me tomorrow and I will go on your computer and do the steps for you?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, I think that's the best idea. What address can I use to message you ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can I leave the computer online and message you through these windows?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
message me here please when you are on tomorrow and I can do this for you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Great! Sleep well!
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
you too!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Richard, Are you ready to do the repair? In my current situation it seems that I CAN send emails and replies through Outlook, but I still receive a SEND/RECEIVE error message in Outlook. Why do you think this might happen?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
What is the exact error you get?
May help understand, and have you tried to restart?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I haven't tried a restart because I didn't want to lose my connection with you. The SEND /RECEIVE error just appears in the blue section at the base of the outlook screen. However, messages are received because I have received replies.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do you think you need to do anything more?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
No, I think you just need to restart and its ok as its sending and receiving.
Its solved via one of the things we did before, it just needs a restart from what I see.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for all your help.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
your most welcome
But please, any issues after restarting, or if it comes back, let me know please.