Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues
32989067

I bought my computer from Curry/PC World on 31 Aug and did

Customer Question

I bought my computer from Curry/PC World on 31 Aug and did the se-up myself. However, I could not receive or send emails from the start menu tab. PlusNet managed to add a PlusNet account to receive but to send I have to go to PlusNet webmail. On several occasions Knowhow technicians tried to resolve the problem, even taking remote control but to no avail. The computer was replaced on 2 Sep, set-up in store and I collected it on Saturday. Unfortunately the same problem was there with PlusNet saying that it is a known problem with Windows 10.
Is there a known problem and if so when will it be rectified? If not how do I receive and send emails from my start menu tab? I am not a computer geek, so if it can be one remotely, great. Otherwise an idiots guide please. Finally, please confirm there is no charge for this service.
Mike Bowman
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
How do you mean email from your start Tab? From which actual email program are you using?
I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you.
Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse.
I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps.
Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong.
If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me.
Thanks,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes please go remote

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
please accept the offer and I can do this Mike
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Can you go to www.teamviewer.com
Click on Download for Free
Download and install the program and give me the ID and Password ***** please so I can connect
Do not close the program but leave it open else I will not be able to connect
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Id 806 291 598

password *****

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
connecting now
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I restarted as requested but you have gone

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
yes as you restarted, it disconnected me which is why I asked you try to email please and let me know here the results.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

still cannot send emails

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Can you run team viewer again and give me the password ***** connect
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

it is still on: 806 291 598 and 4675

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
thanks