Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues
32989067

I cannot connect to windows. group policy client service prevents

Customer Question

I cannot connect to windows. group policy client service prevents standard users signing in. why is this happening and how do I fix this permenatley
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Is this a home computer or one at a company on a network?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

it`s a home laptop I am 69 years 0ld and don`t know anything about computers

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
No problem Derek
Can you still log into windows? What exactly happens after you log in?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I can`t log in. when I click on the google app to let me in to google or my Microsoft e mails. nothing happens, when I start the computer, information comes up windows couldn`t connect to the group policy client service this policy prevents standard users from signing in

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Derek
To be sure, this just happened all of a sudden correct?
And which version of windows are you using?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes it started all of a sudden, I recently upgraded to windows 10 a few weeks ago

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Can you power off the computer
Then hold the left shift button and with it held down, turn on the computer and keep tapping F8 until you get to a menu.
Release the shift button when there, and click on Troubleshoot, then Advance then click on System Restore.
Follow the steps from the last restore point and when it has completed, tell me if it then starts as normal please Derek.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

i followed your instructions and no menu came up

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
You need to make sure you are holding the left SHIFT key, and with it held then keep tapping F8 as soon as you turn it on.Try a few times as it can be tricky, but if this is windows 10 it will work.Let me know please.
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
or, can you get to the log in page still?As we can do it another way
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

i tried doing what you told me 8 or 9 times but nothing happened, then i tried getting back to you but could only get on to the main web page. i had already paid £36 to you for nothing at all so there was no way i was doing that again, i have just got back online tonight thanks to a friend of mine and i have just read your emails which i couldn`t do before as i was not on line to reply to you before. i am a 69 year old pensioner who can`t really afford to lose £36 i am disappointed and feel i should be entitled to a refund

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
I am sorry to hear about your difficulties, you only had to return here to me and post a message, no need for extra charges.When you did my instructions, did you get to the menu? As I want to ensure you were doing them right
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

i did your instructions 8 or 9 times and could not get to the menu i pressed the left shift key as instructed and pressed the f8 key as instructed but nothing happened

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
You are able to get to the sign in windows still correct?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

my friend did it by going to settings, update and security activation then going to store, so that is how i can sign in now

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, so you can now get to the sign in screen correct?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

correct, but not from your instructions, and my friend did not charge me £36

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, you never replied to me that you had difficulties doing my instructions, so I could never tell you the next step. I would also question if he / she was really a friend if they charged you.If you need anything else, please let me knowThank you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

a refund would be nice, but i won`t hold my breath, Thanks

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
No problem Derek, you only need to ask
You can get one here
http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-can-i-request-refund