Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues
32989067

I cannot unblock my outlook.com account

I cannot unblock my outlook.com account
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Can you tell me please exactly which email program you are using to connect to your outlook account with? eg: Outlook 2010?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

office 365

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank youAnd what is the exact error you get when you try to connect office to your account?I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you. Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse. I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps. Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong. If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me. Thanks, Richard
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have been a computer user for many years. I just happen to be unfamiliar with office 365. This repair process will assist my understanding

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Its no problem, I just need to know please what the error message is that you receive?Can you tell me this please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I keep getting a window requesting me to log in to my account. It does not accept my answer and immediately returns. My non outlook account operates OK

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ThanksIf you go to www.outlook.comAre you able to sign in there?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No. One fact I failed to mention. This has occurred since receiving an email from the Outlook Team saying that there had been unusual activity on the account and advised me to sign in again to unblock the account which I did. The unusual activity I am pretty certain was my sending out an email to a large number of address requesting them to use this new address.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, first we need you to reset your password ***** this is the issueReset your password ***** and tell me when you have pleasehttps://account.live.com/resetpassword.aspx
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The password ***** have reset is that for my overall microsoft account not my outlook account which puzzles me. Is this what you intended

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
They are both the same Brian, your overall Microsoft is your outlook account
The microsoft account always has an outlook email address.
So now use this password ***** outlook 365 please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Just to make sure I understand. When I set up the individual outlook.com accounts I must use the same password?

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
I am not sure what you mean with accounts (s)
But you have a Microsoft account. It has an email address assigned to it.
This is the outlook account (which is a microsoft account) so for this one account you use this password ***** adding it in outlook 365
Yes, it can be a little confusing but basically one email address = one account.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes, I have this one email address assigned to my account which happens to be @gmail.com. In addition to this I wish to set up what I understand to be aliases with an @outlook.com suffix. It is these "accounts" which I was referring to and these are the ones that are 'blocked'. Do these all have to have the same password?

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Aliases are all still to one account, so yes they use the same password ***** they are part of the one account.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Right, I understand. I also have an @ntlworld.com and I am accessing this also with my 'microsoft' addresses which is working satisfactorily with a different password. This presumably does not create a problem because it not actually part of the microsoft account?

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
That is correct Brian.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you Richard for all that. It has been very, very useful and is certainly worth the fee. When one thinks about it, the concept is so simple and sensible because keeping passwords under control and remembering them is a nightmare. I shall now try and put it all into practice! I quite possibly will have further questions. Am I able to direct them back to you in person or will I have to accept whoever is available, who presumably will have ready access to this "chat"

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Any questions for this Brian will come directly to me as I own your question, so just post anything you need to know here. This is no problem and there is no time limit on this.
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.