Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues
32989067

While trying to reset my laptop last night, I managed to remove

While trying to reset my laptop last night, I managed to remove all my apps.and pretty much everything else. There is an icon on the start page titled Removed Apps, but I've no idea what to do to restore my computer.
Yesterday, on start-up, I tried to move the start screen by using the up/down cursor, rather than my mouse wheel. Suddenly, four or five new icons appeared on my desktop screen, and I could not delete them. Following this, I think Windows 10 may have been reinstalled last night, while trying to do a Restore.
Can you help me to restore my computer to where it was yesterday, when things started to go wrong, please?
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
We will first attempt to undo the windows 10 upgrade
open the Start menu and select Settings. Click the “Update & security” icon and select “Recovery.”
You should see a “Go back to Windows 7″ or “Go back to Windows 8.1″ option. Click the Get started button to get rid of your Windows 10 install and restore your previous Windows install. Microsoft will ask you why you want to go back.
Then this should return it to how it previously was.
I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.
Let me know the results please
Richard, Software Engineer
Experience: Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Can you go to www.teamviewer.com
Click on Download for Free
Download and install the program and give me the ID and Password ***** please so I can connect
Do not close the program but leave it open else I will not be able to connect
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ID = 808 949 701

pw = 2uvb17

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
connecting now
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Sorry, Richard, but my computer has been restored to this morning, when it was faulty, rather than being restored to 24 hours earlier, that is 09.00 Monday 7th September.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, thats as far back as it can go Geoff.
The next step is to reinstall the computer, before we do this, do you have any data on it you need to keep?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I'd like to keep all my email info, in my***@******.*** account.

What data is likely to be lost, please?

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
All data will be lost Geoff
The email info should be on the email server, but as you cannot access it then you cannot save it.
But we have no option anyway but to do this.
Run Team Viewer again please so I can connect and do this
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ID is same, new password ***** *****

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
connecting
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Richard, I now have no apps in the desktop icon "Removed Apps", other than TeamViewer10.

I was going to ask how all the apps previously in this file could have been restored, but they are no longer there.

Presumably all I can do now is try to rebuild all the programs which were there earlier?

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
yes, as its brought back as far as possible Geoff, which means it was only the icons listed, you would need to add the apps back again.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

OK, I'll best get started, then.

Thanks for your assistance, Richard, only sorry you weren't able to restore my system to where it was before whatever it was that I did, was done.

I'll be more careful in future.

Regards,

Geoff.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
your welcome Geoff,We restored to all points available, just the restore point we wanted was not saved.Let me know if you need anything else pleaseThank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No, thanks, ***** ***** just need to cancel my membership, to avoid any further charges.