Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues
32989067

My pc has been fully reset to factory settings and windows

Customer Question

my pc has been fully reset to factory settings and windows 10 installed. I've re-installed office twice now but outlook will not send messages. thought this could be a firewall problem and asked Norton to check their side but even when it is fully disabled the fault with outlook remains. I have a second pc also running on windows 10 on the same network using identical settings which has none of these problems. can you help?
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
This can be corruption that occurs within Windows 10 that stops emails from being sent out.
Do the following please
Close all programs
Press the windows key + X and click on Command Prompt (Admin)
A black window will open.
Type in it
sfc /scannow
press enter and when it has completed, type in
chkdsk /r
Press enter.
It will give a message "the type of the file system is NTFS cannot lock current drive.
chkdsk cannot run because the volume is in use by another process. Would you like to schedule this volume to be checked the next time the system restarts y/n" Say Y, press enter and restart the computer.
Then try to email
I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.
Let me know the results please