Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues
32989067

Good afternoon I have contacted by telephone by and Asian

Customer Question

Good afternoon
I have contacted by telephone by and Asian sounding gentleman stating that Microsoft will be cancelling my computer licence because it has been hacked and is being used by an overseas source. He has quoted me my Computer ID? and states that unless I follow his online prompts the licence will be cancelled in 2 days and I will receive documentation stating why this step has been taken.
Is this a scam and do I have anything to worry about?
Can I continue using my computer and can my wife continue using her iPad via WiFi?
I await your reply.
Darryl Pinto
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
This is a scam, the licence is never cancelled. What they are trying to do is get you to pay for something you do not need. This is just a money scam.
Nothing has changed Darryl and you can continue to use the computer as always. If these people ever call again, tell them you know they are a scam and hang up. DO NOT do anything they ask you to do.
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.