Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues
32989067

My emails use POP3 to get messages to and from Virginmedia.com.

Customer Question

My emails use POP3 to get messages to and from Virginmedia.com. I can receive emails but sent emails are stuck in the outbox.
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Can you tell me please which email program you are using? eg: Outlook 2010?
And which version of windows are you using?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Windows Live Mail

and just loaded Windows 10

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ThanksHow did you run sfc /scannowWhat steps did you take and what error message are you getting?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I run it on Command Prompt (Admin)

Error code 0x800CCC79

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks John,
Just to check as its the most common cause (requiring sfc /scannow), you restarted after running it? Did it say it found any errors?
I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you.
Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse.
I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps.
Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong.
If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me.
Thanks,
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Can you go to www.teamviewer.com
Click on Download for Free
Download and install the program and give me the ID and Password ***** please so I can connect
Do not close the program but leave it open else I will not be able to connect
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Teamviewer ID 822 773 021

PASSWORD *****

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
connecting now