Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues
32989067

I rang the number given by Microsoft when I had difficulties

Customer Question

I rang the number given by Microsoft when I had difficulties when first downloading Windows10 and was given the number of Tech support - see below:
Account ID-ST928573644MD90
Toll free-0***-***-****
Level 3 certified team
pctechadwiser-149.99
Full name- Mrs ***** *****man
email id-***@******.***
They spent all day 'cleaning' my computer and taking £149.99 for the service. Since then I have had 2 different companies - ReImage and another company both telling me I have many problems and I am unable to lose the constant intrusion. Anyway they may be right and Reimage are only requesting£24. I have the feeling that the company - tech support are the same company that scammed me several years ago but thought that by going through Microsoft I would avoid being scammed yet again!
I would be grateful for any help or comments.
Meg Longman
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Can you tell me Meg who gave you the number 0***-***-****
As this number is ***** for Microsoft its from a scamming company that is fraudulent.
Where did you get that number from?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Richard,

I got the number I rang originally from the Microsoft person I spoke to; I obtained that number from the Microsoft10 help site The number I put in my message was the number given to me to ring by the 'company - Tech advisor..

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Ok, do not call it, I don't know how exactly you came about it but it is a scam company, so please do not call it or any of the companies you have mentioned. The real Microsoft number is (0)344(###) ###-####it, is there anything I can assist you with?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Who should I use to clean my computer?

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Me, I have been doing this for 15 years, plus I have a public profile helping over 10,000 peopleYou want me to do this now for you?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes please including getting rid of reimage etc. I suppose this means more money!?

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
yes, but not much as this is an additional service as I help usually via messaging hereI have made the request.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Can you go to www.teamviewer.com
Click on Download for Free
Download and install the program and give me the ID and Password ***** please so I can connect
Do not close the program but leave it open else I will not be able to connect
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ID: 613 957 699

Password: 5274

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
thank you