Jess M.
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

I have been called every day week now with regards to

I have been called every day for a week now with regards ***** ***** computer having virus's and that they'd be sorted. I have paid out £134.64 in one instance for this service and on telling the technical support person this he was going to get this money refunded... in effect he has taken out another £268 from my account through Western union. Please can you help me. I am a pensioner and cannot afford this to be happening!!! Mrs Bridget Robinson 01977 794698 ***@******.***
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.Any company that claims your computer is infected, or has been sending errors, or claims to have any direct affiliation with Microsoft or other well known brands is a SCAM if they are calling you or somehow getting in touch with you to repair your computer, fix errors, or remove viruses.Chances are good that your computer is running just fine and they will charge hundreds of dollars for services you do not need. Most of them in fact will offer to remotely access your computer to fix the issue when the truth is, they will only install something in your computer to make you DEPENDENT on their support.Please avoid dealing with these companies and inform them that you know they are a scam and that if they continue to call, you'll report them to the immediate authorities and to the Internet Crime Bureau, which you can file a complaint with here: http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspxFor more information about this so-called “Microsoft Support Scam”, please refer to this link:http://www.microsoft.com/security/online-privacy/avoid-phone-scams.aspxNow, if you already paid them which is definitely against your will, then I highly suggest that you file a dispute with your credit card company or your bank to reverse the charges these people collected from your account. Banks are well-informed regarding these scams and they have procedures to address these issues.I hope that helped.Please remember to rate my service positively (3-5 stars/faces) if this helped. Tips are always highly appreciated!If you need further assistance, please do not rate me negatively with 1 or 2 faces. Instead, please reply to me so that I can help you further. If you want, I can remotely access your computer so that I can directly check if these scammers implanted or installed something on your computer to make you dependent on their service.Thank you!Best regards,Jess