michelleclive
michelleclive, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Indept expertise on MS Office package
26798893

Windows update in Windows 10 seems to be stuck at 86%. I did

Windows update in Windows 10 seems to be stuck at 86%. I did a 'diagnostic' which found the following issue: 'Service registration is missing or corrupt - Not Fixed' How do I solve this please?
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  michelleclive replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help resolve the problem you have posted.What have you already tried please let me know the steps so that i do not repeat them.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Been like this for a few days. Changed router /position but to no avail. I restored to an earlier point but the problem still exists.

are you able to get into the windows screen.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

YES, I'm sitting in front of the computer now.

Click on the cortana search and type in control select control panel.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Done that.

If Cortana and Windows menu key is not functioning then you may follow the steps given belowopen control panel using this methodpress Ctrl Shift and Esc keys together it will launch task manager click on file and select run new task now type in control.exe and hit enter.Control panel will be launched now on the control panel windows click on the search box and type in recovery and hit search you will see the first icon as recovery click on it, after that you click on the link below on the same window “If you are having problem with your PC, go to settings and try resetting it”.Now you will see 3 options Reset this PC should be selected by clicking on the Get started button under it.This will fix your Cortana and windows start menu launch button functions.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Got so far until it told me what apps would be removed and that they would have to be replaced from the web/company sites. there were an awful lot and I am reluctant to go down this path. Is there an alternaive?

can i see your screen and can you show me the problem using remote access.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes, if that will help.

click here to run remote session
Join Your Remote Desktop SessionHow Remote Desktop WorksAgree to the Remote Desktop Legal Disclaimer below.The Remote Desktop client file will automatically download to your computer.Open the Remote Desktop client file on your computer and you will be connected to a session with your Expert.After agreeing to the Remote Desktop Legal Disclaimer, you can always download the client again if need be.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

OK. go ahead.

follow the steps and get connected.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

What steps?

click here to run remote session11 Sept 2015, 3:53 PMMeJoin Your Remote Desktop SessionHow Remote Desktop WorksAgree to the Remote Desktop Legal Disclaimer below.The Remote Desktop client file will automatically download to your computer.Open the Remote Desktop client file on your computer and you will be connected to a session with your Expert.After agreeing to the Remote Desktop Legal Disclaimer, you can always download the client again if need be.
CLICK HERE
michelleclive: Himichelleclive: this is Michelle and i am connectedmichelleclive: i see yoir screenmichelleclive: show me the problem you are facingmichelleclive: ok got itmichelleclive: leave the screen as it isGuest: If I click on Details, it appears that KB89083 and KB3081455 are being downloaded. But a check of installed updates reveals that threy were successfully installed on 9 Sepmichelleclive: ok no problemmichelleclive: please dont move the mousemichelleclive: need to restart nowmichelleclive: will do it remotelymichelleclive: please run the update nowmichelleclive: give some time let it run infact if you can disable the antivirus and firewall then it should not have a problem downloading the updates.michelleclive: its done need a restartmichelleclive: Problem fixed using remote access.michelleclive: problem fixed?Guest: Eureka! Looks great and life has suddenly become brighter. Thank you.michelleclive: Please open justanswer enail and rate me for my service, Thank you.