Jess M.
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

I am having problems with outlook - the message is Reported

Customer Question

I am having problems with outlook - the message is Reported error Ox800CCC13 - cannot connect to network. Yesterday I wasn't receiving emails but I can today. But still not able to send emails. I recently updated to free app Windows 10.
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.I am very sorry about your issues. If you recently upgraded your Windows to the latest Windows 10, then this problem could be caused by the upgrade.In order to fix this problem, please do the following:Close your MS Outlook programClose all other MS Office programs like MS Word, Excel or PowerPointOpen an "elevated" Command Prompt. This is done by right-clicking on the windows logo button at the lower left of the screen (the new start button) and then click on Command Prompt (Admin)When the Command Prompt appears (a black window), type (or paste) sfc /scannow then hit Enter. Please note that there is a space between sfc and /).After pressing the Enter key, the command will execute and this can take some timeAfter it is finished, try opening MS Outlook and test sending emails. It should work this time. I hope that helped.Please remember to rate my service positively (3-5 stars/faces) if this helped. Tips are always highly appreciated!If you need further assistance, please do not rate me negatively with 1 or 2 faces. Instead, please reply to me so that I can help you further.Thank you!Best regards,Jess
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Message when I tried the above - You must be an administrator running a console session in order to use sfc utility

Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
Hi,Thank you for writing back. Did you select "Command Prompt (Admin)" when you right click the Windows logo button? There are 2 Command Prompts there, one is just just "Command Prompt" and the other is "Command Prompt (Admin)". You need to select the with with (Admin) and then execute the command.Please give it another try and let me know your results.Regards,Jess
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I only have command prompt there is no command prompt admin.

Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for writing back with that information. It appears then that the user account that you are signed in now is NOT an administrator. Do you have another user account in that computer that is of type Administrator?Please check that out. Go to Control Panel and open User Accounts. There you shall see if the account you are using is Administrator.Keep me posted.Jess
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I did this and it shows me as administrator and my email address

Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for that confirmation.Can I remotely access your computer so that I can directly fix the problem while you watch?Remote access is an optional additional service offer with a minimal one-time flat fee ($15) regardless of how long it will take me to fix the problem. We can resume any time without additional cost. It is safe as you will be watching your screen and we can chat right there, and it will be a faster mode of help.Please let me know if you want this remote option.Best regards,Jess
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes - how much is 15 dollars in sterling

Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
I am not so sure but I believe it is 9.?? or 10.?? Anyhow, when you get the remote access offer, you will see the amount there. Please let me know if you want the remote option so that I can send you the formal offer.Jess
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes I do need this.

Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your permission to do remote access. I will now send the formal additional service offer of remote access. Please accept it so that I can create our remote session. After accepting it, you will then receive the procedures to join me in the remote session.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

How are you sending this ?

Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for accepting my additional service offer of remote access so that I can help you directly in fixing your problem. For me to remote in, we need a remote access tool. Please follow the steps below to join me in the remote session.1. Please click on this link:http://www.justanswer.co.uk/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=c71a0161-8cad-4130-8a60-9a99b1510b782. In that page, please click on the green I Agree button3. Then download the remote tool when prompted.4. Run the downloaded remote tool to join me in the remote session. I will be waiting for you there.Thank you. If you are stuck in any of the steps, please let me know so that I can help you further.Best regards,Jess