IT Miro
IT Miro, Computer Scientist
Experience:  Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Microsoft Certified Professional
30721786

Cannot reconnect wireless printer back to laptop after installing

Cannot reconnect wireless printer back to laptop after installing windows 10 ! Help please !
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 years ago.

Hello! I am IT Miro and I will assist you on this question.

Other than installing Windows 10 on your laptop, have you made any changes to your printer recently?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
None
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
This current laptop I am using now has also had windows 10 download and is able to connect and print to the wireless printer!
Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 years ago.
I see. You will need to remove the printer on your Windows 10 computer that is not able to connect to the wireless printer and then re-add the printer. Here is how to do it: 1. Move the mouse cursor over the Windows Start button located in the bottom left corner, right-click it and select "Control Panel"2. On the Control Panel window, click on "Hardware and Sound" and then on "Devices and Printers"3. Locate your printer, right-click it and select "Remove device". Confirm by clicking "Yes"4. Now click on the "Add a printer" button located at the top. Windows will start looking for your printer. Once you see it, select it and click "Next". Follow the on-screen instructions to re-install it5. When done, your printer will be ready to use Let me know if this worked.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have already done this !
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The add printer does not recognise the wireless printer and will not add to printer list ! I have tried to do this several times to no avail!
Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 years ago.
So, you don't see your wireless printer on the list once Windows 10 starts to search for it?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Correct ! No sign of it at any attempt !
Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 years ago.
OK. Is your computer able to connect to the network (Internet)?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes ! No problem there !
Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for the information!Since there could be several possible causes of the problem, I would like to start remote desktop assistance to your computer so that I can see the problem myself and help you solve it.Let me if you would like that.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes but not on this laptop.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 years ago.
I need to remotely connect to the affected computer. Are you near it now?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes ! Let me boot it up !
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
ok it is online
Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 years ago.
Good. Please start a web browser there and go to this link: http://tinyurl.com/win10-printer-remote Click the green "I Agree" button, and run the downloaded file (named Elsinore.ScreenConnect.Client) by double-clicking it. Permit the connection if asked so that I can connect. We will then be able to chat as well.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
saying HTTP 404 ERROR CANT FIND THIS PAGE
Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 years ago.
Try with this link instead: http://goo.gl/TtxXV9
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok downloading now
Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 years ago.
We are connected. We can chat there as well.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The icon for printer was not there before
Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 years ago.
OK.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Many thanks again for trying ! Best wishes !
Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 years ago.
After many attempts, it turned out that Lexmark Z1420 printer is not compatible with Windows 10. Your options are to either downgrade to Windows 7, or to get a new printer. I am very sorry for the bad news! In case there is anything else I can help you with, let me know.Regards,IT Miro