IT Miro
IT Miro, Computer Scientist
Experience:  Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Microsoft Certified Professional
30721786

Why has my hotmail stopped updating/sync ing?

why has my hotmail stopped updating/sync ing?
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.

Hello! I am IT Miro and I will assist you on this question.

Is the problem with the Hotmail account on your phone or on your computer?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My computer - my phone is working OK.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
Please tell me how you access your Hotmail account. Do you use a web browser and go to www.hotmail.com or you use an e-mail program such as Windows Live Mail or Microsoft Outlook?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
On Windows 10 I use the live tile as a shortcut.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
In that case, the problem may be with the Windows 10 Mail app. I suggest removing your Hotmail account from the Windows 10 Mail app and re-adding it. To do that, start the Mail app and once you see its window, click on the 3 horizontal lines located in the upper left corner of the Mail window. Right-click your Hotmail account and select Account settings. A new window will appear. There select Delete account and confirm by clicking Delete. After that, restart your computer. After the restart, start the Mail app again and you will be prompted to add an account, so follow the instructions. Once the Hotmail account has been re-added, all the e-mails should be re-downloaded.If the problem persists, let me know.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am having problems with right clicking - it doesn,t seem to work
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
Try several times, or exit and re-open the Mail app and try again.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
Another way would be to click on the 3 horizontal lines and then click on the screw (Settings) icon located on the bottom, near the feedback - smiley icon. There click on Accounts, select your Hotmail account and you will be able to delete it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have accessed account by clicking on the settings but not sure how to delete. The 3 bars only gave me the choice of collapsing the view.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
Follow these instructions: 1. Exit the Mail app and re-open it2. Click on the 3 horizontal lines located in the upper left corner3. It will expand the window and will show 4 icons on the bottom4. Click on the last icon on the bottom that looks like a screw5. It will now expand a window on the right with several tabs6. There click on Accounts7. Now click on your Hotmail account8. The Hotmail account settings will appear with several options9. Click on Delete account10. Confirm by clicking on Delete
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The only option is to change settings or account settings with save or cancel. Only Outlook comes up in the window. There is no option to delete.Stuck on step5.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
This looks like a problem with the Windows 10 Mail app. I suggest you to uninstall it and then re-install it. Here is how to do it: 1. Start the Windows PowerShell as administrator. To do that, type Windows PowerShell into the Windows 10 search (Cortana). Once you see Windows PowerShell under the search results, right-click it and select Run as administrator 2. Windows PowerShell is similar to the Command Prompt. You need to type (paste) this command: Get-AppxPackage *windowscommunicationsapps* |Remove-AppxPackage Copy the whole command and then click on the PowerShell icon located in the upper left corner of the PowerShell window, then choose Edit > Paste. The command should be pasted, so just press Enter to execute it 3. Wait until the PowerShell is executing the command. It may take a few minutes to finish 4. Once done, the Mail app will be uninstalled and will disappear from the Start menu5. You can now restart the computer 6. After the restart, you need to re-install the Mail app by going to the Windows Store. Click on the basket icon or type Store into the Windows search box. When the Store window opens, type Mail into the Store search box located in the upper right corner, and then press Enter7. Now click on Mail and Calendar icon. To re-install it, click the Free button. Choose a Microsoft account and then click the Free button again. You will see the download (installation) progress, so just wait until it has been installed8. Once done, you can start it as you did before. If you cannot locate its icon, you can type Mail into the Windows search box. You may need to re-add your Hotmail accountThe Mail app should then fully work.
IT Miro, Computer Scientist
Experience: Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Microsoft Certified Professional
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will reboot - thanks very much for your patience - I will rate you in anticipation that it will work!
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
You're welcome! In case the problem persists, let me know.