Cynt
Cynt, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  I have a BA in Computer Information Technology and have been in the computer field for over 14 years.
20109878

Windows could not disable the automatic backup tab because the

windows could not disable the automatic backup tab because
the mask image is corrupt or been tampered with
{ox80041321}
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Cynt replied 1 year ago.
There is one of two things you can do:1st is to uninstall the update or you can do a restore back before it updated and you got that error (would recommend you do this one first because if you get into the registry for number 2 you can mess up a lot of things). 2nd (and I would recommend you back up your registry so if something goes wrong you can restore it, also if you are not sure how to do this, get someone to come over and do it for you or leave the registry alone, cause it can cause a lot of headaches if you do this step wrong) Click on Start; in the start search type regedit.exe and press Enter. If you get a consent prompt, click on Yes. Browse through the following location: HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\Current Version\Schedule key and then delete its subkeys. Save the changes and then exit out of the registry editor.