Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues
32989067

I cannot access or run Sage accounts at all since upgrading

Customer Question

I cannot access or run Sage accounts at all since upgrading to Windows 10
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Can you press the windows key + X and click on Command Prompt (admin)
A black window will open.
Type in it
sfc /scannow
press enter and when it has completed, type in
chkdsk /r
Press enter.
It will give a message "the type of the file system is NTFS cannot lock current drive.
chkdsk cannot run because the volume is in use by another process. Would you like to schedule this volume to be checked the next time the system restarts y/n" Say Y, press enter and restart the computer.
Then try to open Sage.
Let me know the results please
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you Richard.It was only partially successful. I managed to get on of the Sage Accounts back but not the other. Needless to say the one I have not got is the more important one! Any suggestions gratefully received. Georgie
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Ok, before the issue was Sage would not open.So from what you say it is now opening, So what is the issue you now have?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
There were two accounts on Sage on that computer. sage ought to open with an option for either account. At the moment only one account is showing. There is no sign of the other account.
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, so it is now opening though?
If so, then you need to open the other company file, so click file , open and select your other account file and open it.
This is not related to your original problem, the issue is just you need to actually locate and open your other accounts company file.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Not as easy as that. The account that I can open is in an older version of Sage and will not let me go into the company that I am looking for. there must be another way in.
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
The only way is to open the company file, so you need to locate where you are storing it.
There is only one way into it.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Dear *****,I have given up trying to get in to the other part of Sage accounts. Two accounts are available but not the third. I have been round the houses trying to open it. It is a version two years younger than the other accounts and it vacant! I will just do it by hand. ThanksI am only in the office a couple of days a week so not much time to reply.
G
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, was wondering why you did not reply :) No problem.

But if it cannot be opened it has been corrupted and would have been part of the intial problem. While we got most to open, this was was not repairable sorry.

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.