Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues
32989067

My emails go to my outbox but never get sent - what should

My emails go to my outbox but never get sent - what should I do?
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Can you tell me please which email program you are using, what specific error you get, which email service provider you use and what you have already tried to do to fix it please.
I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you.
Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse.
I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps.
Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong.
If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me.
Thanks,
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for your offer but I think it is not realistic for me to spend a further £28 when I haven't yet received any value from my initiaI £36. No offence Richard but I really don't know your organisation apart from it advertises on google.
I use Outlook and receive error codes 0x800ccc13, can't connect to network and 0x80042109, Outlook can't connect to your outgoing (STMP) e-mail server. My e-mail account is AOL***@******.***. But I do receive incoming emails.
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
No problem as I said it is optional else we continue here.Which version of outlook is this?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Office 365.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I upgraded to Windows 10 yesterday from Windows 8. I had a lot of difficulty accessing ICloud with Outlook after the upgrade and had to reinstall it. I think the problem occurred after that.
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank youCan you close all programsthen press the windows key + X and click on Command Prompt (admin)A black window will openType in it sfc /scannow press enter and when it has completed, type in chkdsk /r Press enter. It will give a message "the type of the file system is NTFS cannot lock current drive.chkdsk cannot run because the volume is in use by another process. Would you like to schedule this volume to be checked the next time the system restarts y/n" Say Y, press enter and restart the computer.then tell me please if you can then send.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
OK - will do. Naïve question - do I close my internet explorer? If so how do I get back to you?
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
yes you will have to to restart.You can return to this web page and post a message. You have emails from us with links to this page.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you Richard, it seems to be working now. Took rather a long time - about 4 hours? It seemed to be stuck on 11% for an awful long time. I am very grateful for your assistance. In the spirit of helping to provide positive feedback for any future issues, it would have been helpful if my expectation about length of time and whether I should or should not abort if it seemed to be stuck.But thanks again, I'll fully test all the functions tomorrow.
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Normally it only takes 10 minutes, so it means there was quite a few things wrong, but I will add it that it may take a number of hours, so thanks for the feedback.
If you need anything else please let me know
And please note that your rating of me service is needed so I am credited for fixing this.
Richard.