Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues
32989067

HOW DO I ACTIVATE OFFICE 2010 ON WINDOWS 10?

Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
You say your trying to activate office 2010 yet it complains it is not a 2013 activation code, so I am not sure on your setup.
Can you tell me, where did you get the activation code from?
Which version of office was it for
And which version of office do you have installed please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have got Microsoft office home & student 2010 with product key, on my computer I have Microsoft office 2013 activation installed I've tried going into its properties and changing the compatibility to run with windows 7 but it still doesn't work. I've recently installed windows 10 if that has anything to do with it?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, but you cannot use the home & student 2010 key with office 2013It can only be used with Office 2010 home & Student, so you would need to install that again
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't have office 2013 just 2010 from my last computer I bought a laptop a few years ago with office 2010 as a bundle and I have 5 computers I can install it on. is there any way of getting round it?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Sorry but your giving a lot of confusing messages.You just said "on my computer I have Microsoft office 2013 activation installed"So is it or is it not office 2013? Sorry I need to understand what it is your doing here.....I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you. Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse. I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps. Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong. If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me. Thanks, Richard
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sorry for sounding confusing Richard, I have office 2010 product key card which I bought with my previous computer a few years ago. I've now recently bought a new desktop from PC World and didn't buy Microsoft office from them as I knew I still had up to 5 installs of the Microsoft office 2010 I previously bought, now I'm trying to install it but my new computer is not accepting the key code for my office 2010, I don't have any office on my new computer but there is a Microsoft office app which is 2013 activation app. I just want to know if there is anyway of installing office 2010on my new computer? hope you understand now.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
that clears it upGo to my link below and enter in your code and you can download office and install it from there. It will provide you the correct 2010 version.https://downloadoffice.getmicrosoftkey.com/If you have continued problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know. Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you