Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues
32989067

Can you sort out problem with Photo Gallery that keeps shutting

Customer Question

can you sort out problem with Photo Gallery that keeps shutting down with an error message
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Can you tell me please what the error is when it shuts down?
And which version of windows are you using?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

windows 10, error message says system error will shut down if can not find answer

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank youCan you do the following pleaseClose all programsPress the windows key + X and click on command prompt (admin)A black window will open. Type in it sfc /scannow press enter and when it has completed, type in chkdsk /r Press enter. It will give a message "the type of the file system is NTFS cannot lock current drive.chkdsk cannot run because the volume is in use by another process. Would you like to schedule this volume to be checked the next time the system restarts y/n" Say Y, press enter and restart the computer. Please note, while this normally only takes 10 minutes to run, it can take at times number of hours if windows encounters many issues. If this is occurring it is critical to let this complete as it means you have corruption on the hard drive that it needs to fix. Even if it looks like the scan is not progressing, it is, please just let it run to completion. Windows will then start when it has.then check if it now worksI can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.Else let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Sorry can't get through different windows comes up asking for money. Closed down site and asked for refund £26

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok... you just got through now.
Pity you asked for a refund, you just needed to do my instructions.
Ok, if you need anything else, please let me know.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Have you stopped my £26 I could not use your services because of glad cards asking for more money. I want my £26 refunded please.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
I cannot see anything with payments.
You need to email***@******.*** for this to customer service.