Viet -MS Office Tech
Viet -MS Office Tech, Other
Experience:  Ten years of computer hardware and software support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP & Mac; Microsoft Office, etc.
30037186

I have been playing Command & Conquer time now using

I have been playing Command & Conquer for some time now using windows 7 and Autorun (16/07/99) to launch the game .
A recent windows update 11/09/15 has stopped the game launching , problem event Name : APPCRASH.
If I go back and restore windows to an earlier date the game will run . When I shut down, Windows updates again , so every time I want to play the game I have to restore to an earlier date. Is there another solution to this problem .
Robin
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Viet -MS Office Tech replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I'm sorry about the issue. There is a windows update that is not compatible with the game / autorun. Please hide that update. - Click on Start -> All programs -> Windows Updates, then click on Check for updates, then click on View available updates to see a list of new update(s), then right-click on the problematic update item, and hide it Please reply at the box below to continue troubleshooting. Thank you.
Thank you; please click on the website below in order to connect with me remotely:

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=616ad371-2573-49db-98f3-396631268c07

, then allow the Elsinore.ScreenConnect program to download/run/open when prompted at the bottom.
Note: If it does not connect within 5 minutes, then please reply at the box below and let me know. Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I am back now

Thank you. Is the game working now? Please click on the website below in order to connect with me remotely again:http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=616ad371-2573-49db-98f3-396631268c07, then allow the Elsinore.ScreenConnect program to download/run/open when prompted at the bottom.Note: If it does not connect within 5 minutes, then please reply at the box below and let me know. Thank you
I have resolved the issue via remote support. If you need help with anything else, please come back any time. Thank you very much.