Jess M.
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

My computer is receiving emails but I cannot send any. I s

Customer Question

My computer is receiving emails but I cannot send any. I s this a simple question with an answer you can give me. How can I now send emails?
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.I am very sorry about your email issues. Before I can help you with this, please tell me the following information:Are you using Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10 or a Mac?What email account are you using? Is it a Hotmail? Gmail? AOL? Outlook.com?Are you using an email program to snd and receive emails like MS Outlook 2007? 2010 or 2013?Please let me know so that I can help you further.Best regards,Jess
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Jess,
My computer ability nowadays is very low - I used machine code in the early 1970's but have fallen behind. My computer is a Toshiba Satellite Pro. I think - I am using Windows 10. Outlook Express. I am receiving some emails mostly from my family tree research but not all I have been told. The problem is that none of my emails is leaving my computer. Please can you help me. Trevor H
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Hi Trevor,Thank you for writing back with that information and I am very sorry about the persisting issues. Can you please tell me which email account are you using in your Outlook Express? Is it a Hotmail? Gmail? Yahoo Mail? or others?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Jess, _ It says Windows Live Mail -is that sense? Trevor
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Ok. I believe Windows Live Mail is your email program that you are using, not Outlook Express. I am referring to the domain name part of your email address, that is, the part with the @ sign, like @gmail.com
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Jess, its ntlworld.com
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
So your email address is ending with @ntlworld.com, is that right?
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Hi Trevor,
How is it going? It appears that you are offline now. Please let me know when you are back online so that we can resume in solving your email issues.
Best regards,
Jess
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Trevor,Can I remotely access your computer so that I can directly fix your email issues while you watch?Remote access is an optional additional service offer with a minimal one-time flat fee ($15) regardless of how long it will take me to fix the problem. We can resume any time without additional cost. It is safe as you will be watching your screen and we can chat right there, and it will be a faster mode of help.Please let me know if you want this remote option.Best regards,Jess
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Jess,
Yes, go ahead. I'm sorry to take so long to reply but it was tea and the wife was waiting. I have already paid £28 into my acc.
The computer company let the payment go. OK yes lets try Trevor
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Hi Trevor,Thank you for writing back. I have already sent the formal offer for the additional service of remote access. Please accept it so that we can initiate a remote session. That way, I can directly check and fix your email issues while you just watch.After accepting the additional service offer of remote access, you will then receive procedures to join me in a remote session.Thank you.Best regards,Jess
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Hi Trevor,
Thank you for writing back and I am very sorry for the late reply. I am from a different time zone and it is 7:46AM here by the time of this writing. I believe we need to schedule our remote session since we are in different time zones. Your last visit to this chat was 4:28 AM and I was already offline by then, past my bedtime.
When will you be available for the remote session? Please reply to me here, do not post a duplicate question.
Best regards,
Jess
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Jess,
I about to have lunch at 1.10 GST - Please contact me when you come to your computer. I hope that you can take over the computer to correct my faults. ***@******.***
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
1.10 British Summer Time Greenwich + 2 hours or is it 1 Hour? Trevor Hopkins
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Hi Trevor,Thank you for writing back. I am now online and available for the remote session. Please reply to me so that I can then send you the procedures to join me in the remote session.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Jess,
I am sorry that I am going out at 19.00 but I will be in all day tomorrow. I have paid two lots of £28 as well as one lot of £11.
Could you please sort out my payments. Hope to have your help on Wednesday. Trevor.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Hi,Thank you for writing back. I am from a different time zone so please tell me how many hours from now will you be starting to be online tomorrow? In that way I will know how I can catch up with your schedule.Jess