Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues
32989067

When I first installed Windows 10, everything worked fine but

When I first installed Windows 10, everything worked fine but now I click on the Chrome icon and, where it used to come up giving me most used links before - Yohoo, Facebook, Amazon etc, it just has the loading circle, which then goes out and nothing happens. I deleted Chrome and re-installed it yesterday. It worked for less than 24 hours and now I have the same problem!
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hi there and welcome
Can you open Chrome and click on the three bars i the top right and click Settings.
Go to the bottom of the page and click on Show Advance Settings.
Then click on Clear Browsing data, select from the beginning of time then click Clear Browsing Data.
Once this has finished, go to the bottom of the page and click on Reset Settings.
Then close Chrome, open it again and tell me if you still have the problem please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is no show advance settings
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
It is there, right at the bottom of the settings screen.
Its the only way to view the advance settings.
I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok I see it now will just try what you suggest. There seems to be a lot of data to clear
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It appears to work but how do I know it won't decide not to in another 24 hours.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
It will have been corrupted data and this is not replaced during a reinstall. You have to do what we just did.I have though marked this question to never close, so any issues, just return here and let me know.This is no issueIf you have any problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thanks you have been very helpful but I just clicked on the ikon again and it's back to square one.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
what do you mean with
I just clicked on the ikon again and it's back to square one?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well, I stil can't access my emails etc - though I could a couple of minutes ago.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, please remember I do not see your screen, so need you to be more specific....
What happens when you try to access your emails?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK - well, for the few minutes after I reset everything, I could click on the task bar (I think it is called) in the bottom of the screen and it came up with recently used things: yahoo, Facebook, a gmail email address I have plus Amazon etc. Now if I click the same icon, it sends the sign of a whirling circle - like it looks like it is loading, then....nothing. Next I try clicking on the Chrome icon on the that is brought up when I click to see most used programs...and the same thing happens - looks like its loading, then zilch....if I right click it...perhaps thinking it might offer me an "OPen" possibility, all it offers is: pin to start, unpin from tool bar, uninstall, run as file administrator, open file location, don't show on this list. No way to access anything!
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Ok, we cleared the memory as this was causing the problem, so you wont have a most used programs yet as it needs to be built up again.
So go directly to www.gmail.com
And you can access it there.
As you visit your sites, the recently used will be built up again.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK, will see how that goes...sorry to be a pain!
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Your not being one at all!! :)
You just need to visit sites again so it can build up the most used as right now it has not seen you access a site at all, which is why its empty.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK, I think I've got it. Fingers crossed!
Sue
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Any issues just let me know here please SueIf you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know. Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
Richard, Software Engineer
Experience: Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues