Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues
32989067

My emails are stuck in my outbox with the error code 0x800CCC13.I

Customer Question

My emails are stuck in my outbox with the error code 0x800CCC13.I have just installed Windows 10.
Can you help?
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Can you do the following please
Close all programs
Press the windows key + X and click on Command Prompt (admin)
Type in the black window
sfc /scannow
Press enter
Let this run and when it has completed, restart the computer and tell me please if you can now email
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Hi Robert
Please do not make duplicate questions but just return to your original question here and do my instructions.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Richard,

Thank you. The scan found corrupted file s and repaired them, and outbox has cleared. Well done.

The other problem to be solved is File History. I have a 32GB chip in drive G but I cannot get File History to recognise the G drive and at present File History is going onto the hard drive. How can I get File History to download in drive G?

thank you

Robert

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Ok, I do ask though as I solved this if you can rate my service please Robert.
I have no issues doing this next question at no extra cost, but ask you rate me for fixing your original question and to tell me what your referring to with File History please? Is this a program you are using?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Richard,

Did you receive my request to enable my G drive, which is working ok according to its properties, to enable File History to be downloaded to it ,instead of the hard drive?

Rgds

Robert

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
No sorry, only this message.What do you mean with file history?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I understand File History contains all the necessary information to restart a computer after it has had a major failure. It should be downloaded to a separate chip, in my case a Toshiba 32GB allocated to Drive G., but for some reason the download cannot access Drive G. Should I try a different letter instead, such as H?

At present File History downloads to the C: drive and accumulates the information on the hard drive, which then necessitates constant cleaning to stop the computer slowing down.

I hope this makes sense to you. If you google "File History" you will see this is a common complaint for both Windows 8.1 and now for my just recently installed Windows 10.

Rgds

Robert

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, checking this it appears the drive can be changed.Go to this linkhttps://www.winhelp.us/file-history-in-windows-8.htmlAnd check under Configuring File History in Windows 8, 8.1 and 10