Wes
Wes, Consultant
Experience:  Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, 20+ years experience.
63083622

I have just had a call from a lady in india claiming that my

Customer Question

i have just had a call from a lady in india claiming that my account is being used by others to send out spam and threatening to cancel my licence. when i asked for more information she became very angry and shouted at me for taking too long.should i be worried?
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Wes replied 2 years ago.
Hi there, my name is ***** ***** I am ready to assist you with this issue. Did you give this person any account information or personal information?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

no

Expert:  Wes replied 2 years ago.
Okay, then you have nothing to worry about. What this was, was a "phishing scam" with the intent to get you to reveal your username/passwords possibly even billing or financial information. If your account was being used to send out spam, it would likely be suspended by the provider... they would not call you like this.
Expert:  Wes replied 2 years ago.
Did they say what company they represented?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

thank you - i thought it was odd that she was so rude!

Expert:  Wes replied 2 years ago.
That's usually a sign of a scammer... they will try to use emotion to get you to hastily reveal information. And again, no provider of any service (including ours) will EVER ask you for your password (nor should you ever tell them even if by mistake you are asked for it).
Expert:  Wes replied 2 years ago.
If this has answered your question, please click on a star rating before you go. If you need additional help with this subject, please type in the chat box below and hit the reply button and I will reconnect and assist you further. If you would like to request me again to assist you with an issue, please make a note of this link: http://www.justanswer.com/computer/expert-yoursupport/ to save it, (if it's blue) click on it, then click on the star next to the web page address or you can drag the little page icon next to the address out onto your desktop.