Jason Jones
Jason Jones, Computer Technician
Experience:  Over 10 years work experience.
30759776

I bought a new laptop last week, upgraded it to Windows 10.

I bought a new laptop last week, upgraded it to Windows 10. Now I can't get into it as I've forgotten my password, and there's no option to have a message sent.
Where do I go from here?
Regards, ***** .....but meanwhile still at
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 2 years ago.
I am the person that will be helping you today.
On the login screen, is your username an email address or a simple username? Essentially, I am asking if your username has an @ sign in it or not.
I will be standing by.
Jason
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Beryl Sheppard***@******.***
I'm sorry for the confusion. I am not asking for information regarding the actual account. I am asking with which company, site, or system is the accoutn associated.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I apologise.........I'm an elderly, self-taught "Silver surfer", and don't know what half the terms are!This password ***** ***** Microsoft, to open the internet.
Okay, where do you go online when you sign into your account?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
To MSN Homepage
I am sorry to hear you are having such problems with the account password. I have had to personally deal with this issue a good couple thousand times.
When you fill out the form asking for your previous password, you can just enter "I do not remember" just as you should enter "I do not remember" for any of the other values in that password ***** form.
After you fill the form out, it may take up to a few days before Hotmail will get to your case and contact you.
If you have indeed, tried all of the basic password ***** procedures, you may wish to skip to the last of my instructions and call them directly.
Please, follow the instructions below to reset your password:
- Click the following link: http://account.live.com/password/reset
- Fill out all of the requested information
- Once all of that is complete, you will be given the option to reset your password.
You will be able to reset your password *****
If you have issues with that or you would just rather speak with someone, you can call the following number: (###) ###-#### (Choose to speak with a billing representative and upgrade to Hotmail Plus)
If all of that does not work, you may wish to consider upgrading your Hotmail account to the Hotmail Plus package, which is $19.99 per year. You can do that by calling the following number and telling them that you want to upgrade your free Hotmail account to the Hotmail Plus package: (###) ###-#### (Choose to speak with a billing representative and upgrade to Hotmail Plus) Once you do that, they will work with you to get your password *****
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No thank you
No thank you what?
I gave you the correct instructions. Were you able to follow them?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I apologise.........my "No, thank you" was a response to the offer of a more expensive consultation.

I had to leave then, as I was preparing for bed.