Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues
32989067

I have been unable to use any programme, email, word, games.

I have been unable to use any programme, email, word, games. I just get programme not respon
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Can you tell me the make and model of the device that's having this issue please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ASUS

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, I need to know the model as well Wendy please.
The version of windows and when this problem started please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

version 8 and the problem started a week ago.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Wendy
I want you to do a system restore please to undo any corruption that has occurred.
To do this
Go to the Windows 8 Start Screen and type restore point. When the search results appear click on the Settings category.
Now click on the option labeled Create a restore point and you will be brought to the System Protection tab of the System Properties control panel.
Click on the System Restore button and you will be presented with the main screen for System Restore. Now click on the Next button and you will be shown a list of available restore points that you can restore.
Select the restore point you wish to restore by left-clicking on the entry once. Use a date when this was working
Then click on the Next button at the restore point selection screen. You will now be at a screen asking if you are sure you wish to perform the restore.
Click on the Finish button. System Restore will once again ask if you are sure you wish to continue. If you are sure, please click on the Yes button.
System Restore will now reboot your computer and begin the restore process. Please be patient as this can take quite some time.
Once complete it should then function.
I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.
Else let me know the results please,
Richard, Software Engineer
Experience: Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Due to the fact that I was unable to access your reply, I took the risk and unplug everything. When this was done and everything reconnected the problem was solved.

So I have now been able to access your response, but as you will gather I don't need the information as I am up and running ok.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok... not sure why you could not access my answer as you were accessing all others.. but if it happens again in the future, just not down this procedure please.If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.Thank you