Randy Computer Tech
Randy Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer specialist
62741268

My Nokia Lumia has got my e-mail address as

Customer Question

My Nokia Lumia has got my e-mail address as ********.*********@btinternet.com witch should be *********.*********@btinternet.com as you will see their is a double e in the wrong address how can I change it to the correct address Regards

Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Randy Computer Tech replied 2 years ago.
Hi,My name is ***** ***** certified professional with over 10 years experience. I will be glad to assist you with this. .I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.You will need to delete that email account and then add again.In the App list, tap Settings , and then tap Email + accounts.Tap and hold the account you want to delete, tap Delete, and then tap Delete again.Then in the App list, tap Settings , and then tap Email + accounts.Tap Add an account > Microsoft account > Sign in.Enter the email address and password ***** the Microsoft account you'd like to use on your phone, and then tap Next.Please let me know if you need any other assistance.Please take a moment to rate my service positively.Thank you very much!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Randy I tried your 1st task but all I get is sync not delete Regards

okay, did you Tap and hold your account name, tap Delete, and then tap Delete again.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Randy I carried out as per your instructions when I click and hold on Microsoft account as I said before all that comes up is sync no delete Regards George

okay, you will need to reset your phone then you will be able to enter the correct email during set up.

1. In the App list, tap Settings .

2. Tap About, and then tap Reset your phone.

3. You'll receive two warnings. If you're absolutely sure you want to restore your phone to its factory settings, tap Yes, and then tap Yes again.

It might take a little while for the process to complete.