Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues
32989067

I have recieved an E.mail called a windows alert. It says that

I have recieved an E.mail called a windows alert. It says that sombody in Japan tried to access my computer on 13/9. I can't paste a copy of the e.mail here but it is a light blue rectangle with microsoft logos on it. It has an adress of one microsoft way redmond WA 98052. and comes from an e.mail adress "*****@******.***.
It asks me to call a number if I don't recognise the person in Tokyo,
Is it genuine?
Nick
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Do not call it Nick its a scam and it will cost a lot of money for the phone call. It is a new trick they do to try to get money from your phone bill (costs an obscene amount of money to call it).
Then they trick you even more to try to gain access to your computer and credit card details.
Please delete the email and ignore anything that ever looks like this, you will never receive such an email
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

When I tried to acces the MS security centre from Google, thpage wouldn't open. Is that something to do with the e.mail or simply a problem with the MS site? Other pages seem to open fine.

Nick

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Its a fake site Nick, do not try to enter it, it is nothing to do wit Microsoft, Google or anyone