Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues
32989067

My granddaugter hass been locked out of her tablet because

Customer Question

my granddaugter hass been locked out of her tablet because she forgot her password.Can you help?.
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Can you give me please the exact make and model of the Tablet?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Make is zoo storm Model is sl8i750001706
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ThanksThis is what you need to do, your daughter will lose all her information but this cannot be avoided.On the log in screen, hold down the SHIFT button and with it held down, click the power icon and choose restart. Keep SHIFT held until it has restarted into a menu. Choose Troubleshoot, then Reset my PC. This returns the PC to new, so you can set it up again.It will be as new with the password ***** so you can set it up again.Let me know how you go please.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Nothing happens except screen returns to login screen, which is what it used to do.
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
yes, you need to have a keyboard connected and hold down shift when doing this.Please confirm you did please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
All that happens is the screen goes black and message comes up saying entering dnx mode waiting for command before reverting to the login screen.
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, I really need to have you confirm, as your yet to do this.
First
1) External Keyboard attached to Tablet, yes or no?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, and if you type, you see it registering in the password ***** to indicate it is working.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I take you mean type on the keyboard not the tablet
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
yes, on the Keyboard
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes have tried this nothing happening changed the cable still nothing.
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
so the Keyboard is not typing any letters on the screen?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No. Tried disconnecting cable to the tablet and the screen dims down and then brightens up up when cable replaced.
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, this is why my initial instructions did not workrestart the Tablet with the keyboard connected, does the keyboard then work?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No it is not working.
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Can you try another keyboard please.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I only have the keyboard I am using.
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, can you try a different port in the Tablet please.
And then restart the Tablet
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Nothing happens.
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Ok, your going to have to return it then. Without the keyboard registering there is no way to perform the reset procedure. It points to a fault with the USB ports as the Keyboard should register.
I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the Tablet to have it replaced as it cannot be reset. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.
I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I take it I will not be charged for this.
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
It is for my service you are paying for, why would I give this service free of charge? I cannot change the fact you have a hardware issue with your Tablet, I can only tell you how the reset is done, confirm the issue which I did then tell you what you need to do. I am not sure why you would feel I would do this free of charge. Can you please explain this?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes under the heading for your add it states that if you you are not satisfied with the answer then you will not be charged. As I am not satisfied then I should not be charged.
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
right, except I know you will still use the answer, anywaygo here http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-can-i-request-refund