Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues
32989067

Recently up graded my computer to the free Windows 10 version,

Hi, recently up graded my computer to the free Windows 10 version, but unfortunately my Sage instant accounts is not compatible with this version. I have been told that there is a button where I can convert my computer back to windows 7, is this correct? how do I do this as I need to beable to use my sage accounts a.s.a.p. Many Thanks Jenni Kirkby.
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
This is correct Jenni
To do this, open the Start menu and select Settings. Click the “Update & security” icon and select “Recovery.”
You should see a “Go back to Windows 7” option. Click the Get started button to get rid of your Windows 10 install and restore your previous Windows install.
I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.
Else let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi, this sounds good, does it mean I might have to reload my sage accounts package? as this could be a problem to me. it says that I will have to know my windows password, which I don't have a clue what that is? jenni

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Ok, it should leave your sage program there, as it does not remove programs.
Normally you do not need to know the password... but if you need to go back to 7 you have to do this, and see if it actually does request the password (which will be to the microsoft account you created when upgrading)
If it does and your stuck let me know and we take it from there Jenni.
But normally it does not require this for this process.