Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues
32989067

I have recently upgraded to windows 10. I then had to reinstall

I have recently upgraded to windows 10. I then had to reinstall NitroPro. now after 10 days, excel has stopped working. I treied to repair and the repair operation stopped before completion.
I ran steup exe in Office set up controler and it is still apparently running - task manager says it is using 20% cpu. But no progress after 45 minutes
Can you help
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hi there and welcome
Can you tell me the version of office you are running please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

office 2010

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Mark
Can you do the following please
Press the windows key + X and click on Command Prompt (Admin)
A black window will open.
Type in it
sfc /scannow
press enter and when it has completed, type in
chkdsk /r
Press enter.
It will give a message "the type of the file system is NTFS cannot lock current drive.
chkdsk cannot run because the volume is in use by another process. Would you like to schedule this volume to be checked the next time the system restarts y/n" Say Y, press enter and restart the computer.
Please note, while this normally only takes 10 minutes to run, it can take at times number of hours if windows encounters many issues. If this is occurring it is critical to let this complete as it means you have corruption on the hard drive that it needs to fix. Even if it looks like the scan is not progressing, it is, please just let it run to completion. Windows will then start when it has.
Then try to use office.
I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.
Else Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

richard

I do not understand click on windows key + x when I do this it has simply taken me to bing

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, you do not click you press the windows key (which is the key on your keyboard with the windows logo) and X
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I get the message that I must be an administrator. I was administrator before upgrade to windows 10

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, you mis read the instructions again sorry Mark
You need to click on
Command Prompt (Admin)
You only clicked on Command Prompt
May I ask please as it is vital to the potential success of this, that you take a minute to carefully read the instructions I gave. Note the details and then slowly follow them. There is no rush, I will be here but I need to ensure you follow the instructions exactly to the letter else this process will not help.
I appreciate it, and as I mentioned I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

OK I understand.

I will try it again and if unsuccessful ask you to remote in.

Mark

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
It's no problem Mark, I just want to be sure we do not waste your time and that we do everything correctly.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

This now appears to be fine. Do you know why this might have ocurred as the hard disc is a brand new solid state one?

Is there any reason why I should not re-install Nitro Pro 10?

How do I get back in touch if I need further help?

Mark

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
It was data corruption, as long as there has been windows there has been this problem.No reason not to install Nitro Pro 10You can always return here and post a message Mark, no time limit and no issue with this.If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.Thank you
Richard, Software Engineer
Experience: Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues