Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues
32989067

When you downloaded my office 365 an error occurred and template

Customer Question

When you downloaded my office 365 an error occurred and template did not download.
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Can you provide a little more clarification please on your problem?
You mean you were unable to install Office 365? Or it is missing a specific component as I see you say template but its not clear exactly which you are referring to sorry.
I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you.
Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse.
I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps.
Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong.
If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me.
Thanks,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I just want an answer

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
I understand Sarah, but I need you first please to respond to the question I asked. Perhaps you missed this? I will repeat
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

take the box off that asks for money

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Sorry I am not following
With all due respect Sarah, I have asked the same question twice but am not getting any meaningful responses from you.
I asked you go back please and read either of my messages and respond.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I cant type anything as your box keeps coming up

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
your typing to me now with the message you just sent, so I do not really understand sorry.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Why does the box come up and I cant type

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
your typing now, your messaging me now, how can you message me when you say you cannot.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I think we can have a question and answer now but you haven't replied to my question

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
I have been replying many many times Sarah, I will again repeat what I have been asking for the last hour and a half from you.
an you provide a little more clarification please on your problem?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

You haven't been getting my replies because your remote extra help box kept shutting me off. When Microsoft downloaded my Office 365 an error occurred with the template and I therefore can't use any of them.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
What happens when you try to use a template?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It tells me I cant because an error occurred when office was downloaded

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, which version of windows are you using Sarah?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

8.1

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Press the windows key + X and click on control panel.
Then click on uninstall a program
Click on Office then click on Change, then Repair
Choose to do an online repair
Let this complete and when it has, restart the computer and tell me please if you still have the problem.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

OK will try the above

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Have done all of the above and now I can't get back into office without a password. I know I had a password ***** don't remember it. It won't let me create a new one. Can you help

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Of course Sarah,
Can you reset your password ***** please
https://account.live.com/resetpassword.aspx
Then use this new password
We are nearly there, just need you to get the password *****
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Sorry Richard. They sent me a code and I reset the password ***** unfortunately the templates still don't work.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
which exact template are you referring to?And what is the error you now get?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

all of them (even the tour) and I still get the same message

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, you will then have to reinstall Office.To do this, Press the windows key + X and click on control panel. Then click on uninstall a program Click on Office then click on uninstallonce Office has been uninstalled, restart the computerThen re-download office again so you have a new copy, then install it and tell me if it now functions please Sarah.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

If I uninstall it then reinstall, will I be charged again?

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
No, as its linked to your account, so you can always reloaded it again
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

OK will try it

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

How do I reload office again?

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Run the file you downloaded and it then runs the installation, like you initially did please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

still having problems. will be in touch over weekend

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, on which step did you encounter an issue Sarah?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Sorry I couldn't get back to you sooner as after downloading Microsoft 2016 I had quite a few problems with the computer. However Virgin have sorted them out for me now. I still don't know why Microsoft downloaded 2013 for me in the first place and not 2016 which I now have with your help.

Please let me know why I have had to pay £36 for Microsoft 2016 which I should have had in the first place.

Thanking you for your help

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
The amount was for my service, not for office Sarah. This is what you paid for.I did wait a long time for you as we were busy solving this and you left, it would have allowed me to help other customers if you could have told me you were not going to return?...But main thing is it is now solved.If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have rated your service but I am very disillusioned with Microsoft and I will be terminating my subscription. Thanks anyway