Martin
Martin, Network Engineer
Experience:  10+ Years Experience CCNA Network Engineer A+ Net+ Linux & Windows OS C++ Programming
74139101

Windows 10 updates download OK, but some of them won't install.

Customer Question

Windows 10 updates download OK, but some of them won't install. I get the message 'couldn't complete the updates, undoing changes, do not turn off your computer. Restarting, then endless loop.
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.
Hello, welcome to JustAnswer my name is ***** ***** I'm one of the experts who will be assisting you today.Sorry to hear you're having trouble with your computer.When did the problem start and are you contacting me from the computer in question?Please reply using the box below.Regards,Martin
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Problem started when I upgraded to W10 last month. Yes, I am writing from the computer in question

Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I will generate a remote link for you and send you a list of instructions now.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Where is your answer? I have received nothing

Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.
Sorry, I thought you had accepted the remote support session, I was about to send you a remote link so I could connect to your computer and fix the problem for you now.
Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.
What you should do is try a system restore, do you know how to do that?
Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.

Here are the steps: (Note no personal files will be deleted, only settings will be reverted)

Press WindowsKey+R type rstrui and hit Enter

(WindowsKey can be found on the bottom left of the keyboard between Ctrl and Alt and usually has a flag-like icon on it)

Go next and see if you can choose one of the oldest Restore points, or select a date where you are sure the computer was working properly.

Go Next and let the system restore run.

Let me know when you've completed the restore.

Martin