michelleclive
michelleclive, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Indept expertise on MS Office package
26798893

When my HP Envoy tries to install Windows updates, it fails

Customer Question

When my HP Envoy tries to install Windows updates, it fails to configure
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  michelleclive replied 2 years ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.I am sorry to know that you are facing problem with your computer updates. Please let me know do you get any error message or code when it fails.What is the operating system on the computer?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Windows 8.1
Please let me know do you get any error message or code when it fails.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I don't think so.
how many user accounts do you have on the windows 8.1
user login i mean.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Just one
run the windows update manually and when it fails it will show you errors on the screen note down the error and let me know.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have just shut the computer down and it is installing updates, it will then normally tell me it has failed to configure them and I guess I will then get access to the error code?
yes that is correct. try to disable your firewall and then try to run the update.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
OK. It is taking a while as there are 19 updates.
There is an optional Remote Connect Service - Quick ResolutionRemote access is an optional additional service offer with a minimal one-time flat fee (£10). It is 100% safe which will allow me directly work on the problem and can be fixed quickly, you can sit back and watch your screen while i fix it for you. Let me know if you need the additional service or else we can continue with the service you have already opted for.let me know if you want to opt for remote assistance
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Sorry about the delay - it's still installing updates. Presuming this fails again, I would love you to take me over and sort it out, the intricacies of computers are really beyond me!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It is now trying to configure the updates.
not a problem once you get the error let me know i can remote connect.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No error codes, just a message that it failed to configure updates and was undoing changes, which takes for ever! Computer is now back on line, please take it over and sort me out!
click here
Join Your Remote Desktop SessionHow Remote Desktop WorksAgree to the Remote Desktop Legal Disclaimer below.The Remote Desktop client file will automatically download to your computer.Open the Remote Desktop client file on your computer and you will be connected to a session with your Expert.After agreeing to the Remote Desktop Legal Disclaimer, you can always download the client again if need be.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Michelle, it's failed again and I need to go out.
not a problem sir please let me know we can continue tomorrow i have come up with more solutions for the update failure.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi. I'm back to plague you again. At least my broadband download speed is up today from 8.98mb/s to 20.1mb/s!
let me know what time of day on Wednesday you can be online
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I would hope to be in by 3.30pm, is that any good?
yes that would be finepost me a message once you are online and ready
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Gosh you work long hours! Will do, before I've got golf and Sainsburys! It's a hard life when you are retired.
will await your response
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi. I am up and running!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I was a little late, did I miss you?
yes i waited but since i did not get your response i had to sign out as had been online for long time
if you could let me know when we could resume on thursday 8th oct i can ensure being online accordingly
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Sorry about that. I hope to be home tomorrow by 4pm, M25 willing, as I have to drive to Windsor tomorrow.
ok done..will be online around 4 pm
in case there is any change in timing do let me know
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The M25 was very kind today in both directions so I am ready when you are - at least I am early today!!
I will be online in next 10 minsHope that is fine
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
OK
I am online now
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
What do you want me to do?
so as of now the windows updates fails at configuring updatesis that correct
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes, its tried several times since Monday, all failed to configure
i would like to remote connect and check further give me a moment i will share the remote link with you
http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=71290298-3b6c-419e-be04-9b24487e085f click on the link aboveJoin Your Remote Desktop SessionHow Remote Desktop WorksAgree to the Remote Desktop Legal Disclaimer below.The Remote Desktop client file will automatically download to your computer.Open the Remote Desktop client file on your computer and you will be connected to a session with your Expert.After agreeing to the Remote Desktop Legal Disclaimer, you can always download the client again if need be.
let me know once the system has restarted after the updates
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Oh dear, it failed that time, same message 'failed to configure'
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Would upgrading to Windows 10 solve the problem or just create more
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I guess you have gone off line, I will close down now as my dinner awaits. I could be available tomorrow from 1.30pm
actaully it was aroubnd 12 plus hours since i was online and had to take a breakdont worry, even if that failed i will manuallly select the important updates and installl and ot should work finewill be online 1:30 pm tomorrow to fix further
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi. I'm on line
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I'm leaving the machine online, if you send me an email I will pick it up and return.
I am online let me know when you could be. Thanks.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I could be online at 12 midday, I have to go into town shortly!
no problem i will try to be online post me a message then.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
you are welcome.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I'm online when you are ready.
I think we have time gap please tell me what time in UK you would be online according to your time i will be available.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Michelle. It's 7.50 in the morning. If you give me an hour to get up and have some breakfast, I can be with you online. I'm guessing you are in India? Also would upgrading to Windows 10 solve the problem or only create more issues?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am now ready when you are, if you email me I will pick it up on my iPad and can then go to the computer.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I need to go out for around 2 hours, will let you know when I'm back
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I'm back.