michelleclive
michelleclive, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Indept expertise on MS Office package
26798893

0x8007025D-0x2000C The installation failed in the SAFE-OS

0x8007025D-0x2000C
The installation failed in the SAFE-OS phase with an error during the Apply_IMAGE operation.
Twice now, how can I fix it?
All windows 7 updates applied successfully.
Windows 7 activated & genuine windows certificate
Downloaded Windows 10 pro ISO for 64bit.
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  michelleclive replied 2 years ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.I am sorry to know that you are facing problem with your computer, i will try my best to resolve the problem at the earliest.Please remove the windows 10 iso boot disc and turn off computerunplug power cord and remove battery in case of laptopkeep the ON button pressed for 10 secswait for a minuteplug in power cord and turn on computer and check let me know what screen you get
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have already tried this standard laptop procedure. It made no difference. The machine has rolled back to windows 7 & upgrade removed. I re-downloaded the iso images & re-burnt them but to no avail. Finally I solved the issue. The upgrade procedure from the dvd is trying to changing the display language. I changed my display to US & it went further but stopped again with same error. Finally I got the solution & simply used the MS upgrade tool from the windows 10 web site no burning of DVD & more importantly no mention of changing language. Sucessful was achieved & upgrade spot on with correct language. Though I did need to down load the UK language pack.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I forgot to mention that the iso image works fine on a clean install but the language is all US when installed but of course this is not an upgrade & new product code is required to be purchased. So it really is down to the upgrade procedure outside the US.
Thanks for the update. but if you see i gave you the basic standard step and waited for your response to be able to provide further steps but you replied after a long gap. as an expert we troubleshoot starting with basic steps to advanced steps based on customer response to the previous step. i would appreciate if you would consider re-rating my service as i had promptly replied to your question and was awaiting your response so that i could share further steps but did not get any response from you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have re-rated you so you get paid. The issue is time difference. I'm in the UK you're somewhere else. Telling me to reboot & respond but takes nearly 12 hrs to go to the next step is not acceptable when I'm paying for the advice. So sorry that you think I'm at fault.
its neither of us who is at fault. yes your feedback is important for us and i will send it our team so that next time the time zone gap should not affect our customer servicethanks for your understanding
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok be happy