Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues
32989067

Having unlocked the tablet with a reset password, I am now

Having unlocked the tablet with a reset password, I am now being told, when I try to go to email etc that the address, which appears on the login screen, is not available therefore I am not connected, why can't I use the existing address (*****@******.***)? Is it because it is already in use by me for my windows pc programme?
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
the only reason it says this is if your trying to make a new account instead of just signing in.
Exactly what steps are you taking to try to sign into your email account?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Once I have signed in and have the desktop I select email but I am told that I cannot be connected as the email address is not available. It is the address I use with my pc.

john

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, which exactly program are you using for email John?
I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you.
Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse.
I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps.
Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong.
If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me.
Thanks,
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Can you go to www.teamviewer.com
Click on Download for Free
Download and install the program and give me the ID and Password ***** please so I can connect
Do not close the program but leave it open else I will not be able to connect
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

User I.D. 479 145 565

Password. 273zvf

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
thanks, connecting
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Richard, you have asked me to do on the tablet what I did with the pc but how do I do that as I cannot get connection?

John

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
The Tablet has no internet connection at all?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

That's right.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, well this is why you cannot add email as well, you need internet to add and use email.What is stopping you from connecting it to your wifi network to get internet and thus email?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Well, this is a steep learning curve!

What is stopping me is that I don't know how to do this.

John

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, you had to initially of done this to ever get internet on it, but no problem, click on this link and follow the instructions here to connect to your wifi networkhttp://www.microsoft.com/surface/en-us/support/networking-and-connectivity/connect-surface-to-a-wireless-networkLet me know the results please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Sorry, Richard, I need to leave this for now but I will get back to you later.
Many thanks for your patience.

John

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
No problem John, till then
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Following on from yesterday I find I am bot being allowed to open the link you sent me. By the way according to the networks menu on the tablet wi fi is 'on' and I am connected to Talk Talk-F91BC8 (Talk Talk is my broadband provider).

What do I need to do next?

John

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Whats the message you get when you try to open the link?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

'We couldn't sign you in'

'that email address is no longer available. Please try another email address or create a new one'.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, but your now saying the surface says it is connected to the internet, yet you get no internet?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes, that appears to be the situation.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
What do you see when you open the web browser?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Internet Explorer tells me I have lost access to my emails as the inbox I am using is no longer available. It also tells me that I have not lost access to other services. At the moment it is telling me that the web page has expired!

Richard, has this got anything to do with the message I get on my windows 7 pc that I am not using genuine windows- though it has not stopped me using email in the usual way?

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
No, that means you have an illegal version of windows installed on your computer.
But in internet explorer on the Surface, go to
www.google.com
What do you then see?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I think we may have reached a dead end here Richard as internet explorer only opens to remind me that I have lost access to my emails and wants me to establish a new address.

John

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, but you have an address bar at the top of it, so please put
wwww.google.com
there please to bypass this.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Sorry, can't see an address bar.

Where should I be looking.

You can tell that I am new at this.

John

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Its ok John, it is right at the top pg the screen , to the left of the arrows in the top left
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Richard, I cannot see the arrows either on he main menu or the internet page, I'm probably at the wrong place.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, I think its easiest for you to do this
When it says have lost access to my emails and wants me to establish a new address.
Choose to make a new address and tell me what happens please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I was asked to establish an email account and did so with outlook.com

an address and password. On screen now I am being welcomed to outlook.com.

John

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, so internet is now working correct?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Richard,

Yes, you were most helpful. I'm managing fine at present.

Again, many thanks,

John