Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues
32989067

Had to reinstall OS X Yosemite due to an error. Therefore had

Had to reinstall OS X Yosemite due to an error. Therefore had to reinstall Microsoft Office 2011. MS download was successful but when competing "getting Started with Office 2011" it rejects my 25 character product key, even though same product key worked on the down load. what can I do?
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Can you tell me please exactly where you initially purchased office from and where you redownloaded it from?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Sorry, can't remember where I originally bought MS Office 2001 from, either PC world or online, not sure now.

I re downloaded MS Office 2011 from here

http://www.microsoft.com/mac/office-2011-digital-download

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, you cannot do it that way Martin, you need to install it from the exact same location you purchased it from, it is not interchangable.
So you can always download it from http://www.microsoft.com/mac/office-2011-digital-download
But the original purchase was not from there, so the product key will not work.
You need to note where you originally purchased it from. If it was from PC World it would have been on a disk and you install from this, and this sounds the most likely.
But first, click this link, and tell me if the product key is accepted there, as if it is you can install from there
https://www7.downloadoffice2010.microsoft.com/macdl/registerkey.aspx?culture=en-US&ref=macdl
Let me know please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

My product key is downloading from here (Slowly)

However this looks like exactly the same screen as I downloaded from before (earlier today)

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
The link you gave is not valid Martin as I checked it and it only gives an error, so not sure where you were downloading from, but mine is the correctly link and if it accepted it there should be no issues.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

OK, I have completed the reinstall from the web site you recommended. However when trying to complete the "Getting Started" screen it still will not accept my product key

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Can I connect to the computer please Martin
Can you go to www.teamviewer.com
Click on Download for Free
Download and install the program and give me the ID and Password ***** please so I can connect
Do not close the program but leave it open else I will not be able to connect
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ID = 153 297 546

Password = 2ssi17

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
connected
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, please call (0)344(###) ###-####nd explain the key validates on the site I gave but not when installing so they can reset the install counterLet me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

What now? I am lost?

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok... did you read my last message? I will repeat it again.please call (0)344(###) ###-####nd explain the key validates on the site I gave but not when installing so they can reset the install counterLet me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Microsoft (0)344(###) ###-####were hopeless. First assistant tried to understand but couldn't, then passed me onto the Technicl Team who kept me holding for 15 mins after which I hung up. Have solved the problem myself now thanks for trying to help.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, it is a pity they were not more helpful, but with an invalid Product Key, I could not do anything here but direct you to them as we are a technical support desk, we do not have access to the codes here.
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I do have a further question. My e mail address is "*****@******.***" and yahoo is my server provider. I read my e mails in Outlook by choice. This morning on two occasions a large number (50 - 100) my e mails from last February dumped into my Yahoo account. This is a Yahoo problem, not and Outlook problem. Any idea how I can stop dumping of these e mails back into my Yahoo account months after they were deleted?

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
It looks to me more like a Outlook problem as yahoo does not have a any functionality or process for putting old email back into the inbox.
I would check there are no filters set that are doing this, via the gear wheel, then settings and checking there.
But if nothing is set there, I would re-add the profile within outlook for yahoo.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I thought it was an Outlook problem, and you may be right, but this morning when I did not have Outlook loaded it still happened?

Also neither Yahoo nor Outlook still have these old e mails saved, they are all deleted long ago. Could "the Cloud" be dumping these e mails back on Yahoo?

Otherwise I am sorry but I don't understand "no filters set that are doing this, via the gear wheel, then settings and checking there." or "re-add the profile within outlook for yahoo"

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
No, there is no cloud as such, when they are deleted they are gons.
If you go to yahoo.com and sign into your mail account there.
Then you see your account and you can click on the gear wheel in the top right.
But if you have not ever visited that before, then it is a outlook issue.
For removing and adding the yahoo mailbox in outlook (your profile) you can use the instructions here
http://blog.lanlogic.net/kb/hosted-exchange/removing-and-re-adding-an-outlook-2011-mailbox/
Just use your details for Yahoo.
Let me know the results please