Chris L.
Chris L., Support Specialist
Experience:  Certified Expert with over 10 years experience.
51029781

I am getting message that PC unable to find program SensAqi.dill how

Customer Question

I am getting message that PC unable to find program
SensAqi.dill
how can I reinstall it please ?
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Chris L. replied 1 year ago.
Hello,This message has to do with the microsoft System Event Notification Service , it basically means the file is corrupt. It should not cause any problem in your overall use of the PC however if you would like to fix it I have a couple of solutions for you. First try a system restore to a point before you started seeing this error.Open System Restore by clicking the Start button and browse toAll Programs - Accessories - System Tools - System RestoreFollow the steps in the wizard to choose a restore point that is before when the problem started. If you only see one restore point make sure you choose to show more restore points on the bottom left of the box. If that does not work then do the following:1. Click the Start button2. From the Start Menu, Click All programs followed by Accessories3. In the Accessories menu, Right Click on the Command Prompt option4. From the drop down menu that appears, Click on the 'Run as administrator' option5. If you have the User Account Control (UAC) enabled you will be asked for authorization prior to the command prompt opening. You may simply need to press the Continue button if you are the administrator or insert the administrator password ***** In the Command prompt window, type: sfc /scannow and then press Enter7. A message will appear stating that 'the system scan will begin'8. Be patient because the scan may take some time9. If any files need any replacement SFC will replace them. You may be asked to insert your Vista DVD for this process to continue10. If everything is okay you should, after the scan, see the following message "Windows resource protection did not find any integrity violations"11. After the scan has completed, Close the command prompt window restart the computer and check.Refer the link below for more information.http://support.microsoft.com/kb/936212 Please do me a favor and take a moment to rate my service by clicking the stars above, 3 or more is very appreciated, we can still chat after rating if you need more help.Thanks,Chris
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Have got to instruction 9 and am getting message 50% scan done

rescource protection found corrupt files and was unable to fix some of them

details are included inCBS log and various numbers.

then" command prompt>> again

Expert:  Chris L. replied 1 year ago.
Ok let the scan complete, it can take some time. If it is no longer scanning let me know
Expert:  Chris L. replied 1 year ago.
If the scan does seem to be completed reboot and see if you still see that error.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

it stopped scanning at 50%

as above

Expert:  Chris L. replied 1 year ago.
Ok go ahead and reboot. See if you still get the error. If you do please confirm which version of windows is on the computer
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Windows version is Vista

Expert:  Chris L. replied 1 year ago.
Are you still getting the error? If so you will need to repair your windows vista installation and to do that you will need a windows vista disc. It will be a lot of work so honestly it may just be easier to ignore the error if you are not that tech savvy and do not have the vista disc. Basically you have some corrupted windows files which happens over time. Since it is not causing any major issue you can just ignore it. The repair will not be quick or simple but if you want to repair it and have a windows vista disc and a full back up of everything on your computer I can give you the steps. Remember to take a moment to rate my service by clicking the stars above, 3 or more is very appreciated, we can still chat after rating if you need more help.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have a windows vista disc but am not computer savvy

so will ignore the error notice.

I had hoped that the ' SensApi.dll ' program could be downloaded.

is that not possible ?

Expert:  Chris L. replied 1 year ago.
Never attempt to download a dll file. Any site claiming to have dll files is usually a haven for viruses. dll files should only be copied of the windows vista disc. You can try to manually repair the file by following these directions.Click the Start button. Type "command" in the search box... DO NOT hit ENTER yet! While holding CTRL-Shift on your keyboard, hit ENTER. You will be prompted with a permission dialog box. Click Yes. Type the following command: regsvr32 /u sensapi.dll. Hit ENTER. This will UN-REGISTER your file. Type the following command: regsvr32 /i sensapi.dll. Hit ENTER. This will RE-REGISTER your file. Close the command prompt window. Re-start the computer. Also when you did the initial file scan you should have been prompted to insert your vista disc so it could copy the correct files. Try running the following with the vista disc inserted...1. Click the Start button2. From the Start Menu, Click All programs followed by Accessories3. In the Accessories menu, Right Click on the Command Prompt option4. From the drop down menu that appears, Click on the 'Run as administrator' option5. If you have the User Account Control (UAC) enabled you will be asked for authorization prior to the command prompt opening. You may simply need to press the Continue button if you are the administrator or insert the administrator password ***** In the Command prompt window, type: sfc /scannow and then press Enter7. A message will appear stating that 'the system scan will begin'8. Be patient because the scan may take some time9. If any files need any replacement SFC will replace them. You may be asked to insert your Vista DVD for this process to continue10. If everything is okay you should, after the scan, see the following message "Windows resource protection did not find any integrity violations"11. After the scan has completed, Close the command prompt window restart the computer and check. I should mention the computer may have many other issues that we are not aware. Doing a clean install of vista will get it back in shape however you would need to re install all of your programs and back up everything you want to keep on the computer as it would all be erased if you did a reinstall. Like I said, there is not really a simple fix to this issue. What I mentioned above are as simple as it gets. It can be repaired but the question is do you want to put the time in or take it to a repair shop or just deal with that error which as I said is not that serious and shouldn't affect your computer use. It is always possible there are other problems as well, I cannot say for sure since I have not looked at the computer myself. Thanks,Chris
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Chris thanks for your help ,pity problem could not be fixed but

it is not 'vital ' for PC to work

best wishes

Robert

Expert:  Chris L. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you very much for the rating and bonus.
Since this computer is running vista I imagine it is pretty old. What would probably be best is, at some point in the future if you wish to keep it running smooth you do a fresh install of vista.
Doing that means you will need to back up all of your files and reinstall your programs however once done it should be good as new and you can get some more use out of it.
That file is not vital to the operation of the machine so nothing to feel you need to act right away on but it does mean there is some corruption with windows vista.
Like I said, if you do not plan on buying a new computer anytime soon the best bet would be to reinstall vista at some point.
Make sure you back up anything that is important to you on this computer. I do not say that because I feel it will stop working soon but it is always a good idea to keep back ups of your important files just in case.
If you ever need my help in the future please let me know.
Thanks,
Chris
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks Chris

When I inserted the vista disc in the PC should I have run the whole

content or' Files' ? and if so which file from the list ?

I may upgrade the vista to a Windows 10.

regards Robert

Expert:  Chris L. replied 1 year ago.
Robert, if you were trying to repair using the disc you just want to copy the corrupt files from the disc. You do not want to reinstall at this time. Content or files does not sound like an option I have seen, is this is an actual vista disc or a recovery disc? It needs to be a full vista version. If your computer is offered the the free windows 10 upgrade you may want to take that. You should see an alert on the bottom right letting you know if your computer meets the requirements for windows 10.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Chris

thanks for your advice

Robert

Expert:  Chris L. replied 1 year ago.

You're very welcome.