Quiksilver07070
Quiksilver07070, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Proficient in all programs within office pro suite.
63493917

Upgraded from Windows 7 Home Premium to W 10 today as local

Upgraded from Windows 7 Home Premium to W 10 today as local administrator. Took 5 hours to complete when my wife's desktop appeared with her account apparently intact but mine with emails, contacts, thousands of photos etc etc has disappeared. Checking Properties from This PC-->User--> my name it shows 0 bytes.
It has apparently demolished years of work.
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Quiksilver07070 replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome to JA, my name is***** (upgrading) to a new windows OS, can be tricly with multiple accounts. If you didn't back-up your account, that you are saying is gone, then it may very well be gone. What you can try is searching the WHOLE HARD DRIVE for a file you KNOW existed in your files. If it hits, then you can R-click that file, and select "Source File Location" and it will open the folder in which the file you searched for is found. Typically, you can figure out where all the other files are from there, based on File/Folder structure. However, if you DONT find any files on a search, then you may have upgraded your files RIGHT AWAY. I am sorry. I can try and find them for you, and if you did an upgrade path, there is a way to roll back. But again, if you agreed and unwittingly told the upgrade to remove or overwrite files......like I said above, you might have upgraded them away. We can do a remote session, and I can try and recover......or you can follow the instructions above to find them
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Try remote please

okay we now need to install the remote program, so we can continue.Called TeamViewer.Go Herehttp://download.teamviewer.com/download/TeamViewerQS_en.exeto download and install.once you are installed, I need the Partner ID, and passcode.
Are you able to get the TeamViewer Running? Its juats a small applet, but if it doesn't work you could try the WHOLE application here:http://download.teamviewer.com/download/TeamViewer_Setup_en.exe
Hello? Are we still doing the remote support?You need to get TeamViewer.....it is more secure than JustAnswers Remote platform!

Why the negative rating?

Were you able to get TeamViewer installed? This is what is NEEDED to do the remote support.

I don't believe I deserve negative rating, without first being given the chance to fix the issue.