Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues
32989067

The OS desktop PC is Windows Vista Home Premium. Some

The OS for my desktop PC is Windows Vista Home Premium. Some time ago, at the invitation of Microsoft, I attempted to upgade to Windows 7, without success. As a result of being a victim of a 'con' based on Teamviewer.com I installed Outlook.com as an alternative e-mail system. I have now fallen victim to Windows Live Mail error 0x80048820, and suspect this may be due to a conflict with the Vista OS. I'm quite prepared to upgrade to Windows 7, although I suspect that by now it is no longer supported. Any ideas - maybe cut to the chase and install Windows 10? Can't say I'm too enthusiastic.
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hi there and welcome
With windows vista there is no upgrade path to windows 10 sorry, it is only from windows 7 onwards and any upgrade from Vista to windows 7, Microsoft will make you purchase.
But it is not needed to solve this.
As the first step, if you go to outlook.com are you able to sign into your account there? As the most common issue is a credential problem.
Can you do this and let me know please?
I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you.
Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse.
I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps.
Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong.
If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me.
Thanks,