Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues
32989067

I'm seeking assistance with an occasional "Send and Receive&

I'm seeking assistance with an occasional "Send and Receive" issue (synchronization?) of emails to and from BT mail using Outlook in Office 365 on Windows 8. Occurs on account using IMAP.
Issue occurs on an Asus N550J Notebook - I replicated it the other day when the issue last occurred.
According to the customer it does not occur on another computer at all - points to something wrong on the Notebook computer in question.
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Quiksilver07070 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for choosing JustAnswer. The Sync feature on outlook should be automatic....although, there is a button that will do a manual sync. The issue you explained....."occasional Send and Receive" is very VERY difficult to pin down. A series of troubleshooting questions/tasks would need to take place. In addition to trying to replicate it. But more importantly.....can you tell me in more detail, what exactly is happening?Would you like to save some time? Do a remote session?
I found this tool from Microsoft, that will look for and diagnose and possibly fix the issue you have.Go here and get the tool:https://configure.office.com/sara/SetupM.exe
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi I replied to your previous answer, however it is not displayed above strangely?

I cannot at present do a remote session, since do not have permission from the customer. It may be an option in the future.

I have ran a threat scan with Malwarebytes Anti-malware and it detected 2 trojans and some PUPs. A full custom scan is currently running.

I understand the synch problem may be difficult, however the cause needs to be found abd fixed where possible.

I look forward to your response

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Downloaded the setupm.exe application, however I need credentials for customers lLive account to proceed further. I'll let you know when I receive this. Please consider other options for time being.

If you are NOT the actual customer.....then I think I need to opt out. I really don't like working in a 2 tiered setup. Sorry, I will let another expert, who feels more comfortable working with you, take a chance at this.Please do NOT rate, as no answer was given.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Ok thank you. I look forward to hearing from another expert.

Expert:  adamd-mod replied 1 year ago.

Hello there,

Please note, I am just a moderator for this category, I can only try and find experts to help, I can't answer the question itself.

Adam

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I am happy waiting for a suitable expert to assist. I probably only have the laptop upto 48 hours more for your info.

Expert:  adamd-mod replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for getting back to me.

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Adam

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Sorry, I read through this question 3 times, and maybe I am just missing it, but what is the actual issue? as I am not seeing this explained?
Can you tell me the issue your having please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Richard. Same as in initial question. Further info in subsequent replies.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
I saw "an occasional "Send and Receive" issue (synchronization?) "
But I need more detail then this please.
Are you saying it sometimes does not synch? What error do you get? What email service does it connect to? When did it start?
As much information as possible please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes, the last time it did not synch was last sunday (approx).

It connects to the BT mail servers: mail.btinternet.com

No error message - what's visible is that the green bar in "show progress" only goes to around 75% complete - and new emails didn't show in outlook, that are visible on the bt mail account.

Customer has had the issue for a few weeks - started approx august this year.

I do not have the laptop anymore with me since the customer has collected it today. I would like to keep this question open incase customer comes back with the sync issue occuring again.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, I would run a file system check on the hard drive to make sure there are no issues as accessing the file can be the problem.
Also to check the processes via msconfig and as a test disable these.
I have marked the question though to never close, so if it comes back, just let me know here, there is no time limit on this.
If you have continued problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can now take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Chkdsk and SFC /scannow were done a few days ago & problem has not occured again currently since then. Do you suggest running these again?

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
If the problem has not occurred since then then this was the issue, but regardless of this issue I always advise to run it once a month to keep windows healthy
use the switch /r for chkdsk
Richard, Software Engineer
Experience: Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues