Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues
32989067

My Samsung Galaxy 3 has suddenly stopped syncing with my 2007

My Samsung Galaxy 3 has suddenly stopped syncing with my 2007 Outlook Calendar. It still recognises my contact list. Any ideas?
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
How exactly are you synching (via which program or service) and what is the error you receive?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Richard

I am using the Kies program which as been working well for over a year.

I don't get an error message as such but on the progress bar at the bottom right of the screen it states that is preparing to sync schedule. However it just sticks on 40%

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ThanksCan you disconnect the Phone and go on the phone to settings, Applications ManagerSwipe to the list all and find Google Services Framework in the listPress it and press clear dataThen find CalendarPress it and press Clear cacheThen restart the phone and tell me if you can now synch it please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have a number of Google related Apps but not one that is specificcally called Google Services Framework

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
It is there, you need to check under the list ALL
Your looking under the incorrect list, swipe please to the list ALL
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I've done what you suggested but it is still stuck on 40%

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
We need to then clear the calendar on the phone. Its going to remove all the entries but we cannot avoid this sorry.
Go back to calendar under settings, and click Clear Data instead of clear Cache.
Then restart the phone and try to synch
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

When you say restart the phone do you power off and the power back on or reboot by removing and replacing the battery?

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Restart please, so when you hold the power button choose restart from the menu.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It now appears to go right through the syncing process but finishes with a message saying "device not responding". It suggests that I reboot the device which I have done by removing the battery for a few minutes and then replacing but the result is the same.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, can you also restart the computer and connect it to a different USB port on the computer.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

that will mean i will lose my connection with you!

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
No it wont, I will still be here, just return back to this web page and post a message.
You can press CTRL + D to add this page to your favorites or there are links back here in your email.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No change I'm afraid. However I have noticed that despite the fact that I have cleared the data in calendar if I return to the calendar app 2.97MB has returned!

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, its not clearing correctly, we are going to have to do a full reset of the phone.This will wipe all data (contacts, photos ect) and return the phone to new, but this we cannot avoid sorry.To do the reset, go to Settings, Backup and Reset, Factory Reset.Choose this and complete the reset. Once done, setup the phone and tell me if the calendar now syncs please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Will I be able to restore the data from the restore button in Kies or will I have do it all manually?

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
You can restore from Kies afterwards, thats no problem, just DO NOT restore the calendar which you can unselect
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It appears that you have had success but I won't be able to test thoroughly for a couple of hours. Will it be OK to confirm total satisfaction later today?

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
If its running it should be ok but I have marked this question to never close, so even if in a few days or weeks it faults, you can let me know here, this is no problem.
But I do ask if you can now please rate my service (still leaves the question open) as a lot of customers "forget" to later on and I am never credited for the work. Again, even after rating if you still have issues you can just let me know here. Rating you do via the stars or smiley faces you see, then submit.
Thanks!
Richard, Software Engineer
Experience: Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Richard

Many thanks for superb service. As you have probably gathered I am not very computer literate but you have been very patient and extremely helpful.

EricSmile

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Your most welcome Eric and you did great!

We needed to just reinstall the firmware Let me know if you need anything, and please remember the service rating so I am credited.