Jess M.
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

This morning I had had a person stating that they from microsoft

Customer Question

This morning I had had a person stating that they from microsoft Office in London and have cancelled the Licence on my Laptop because I refused to deposit £500 to receive £945 back. this was obviously a sam that I have fallen into. How do get my Laptop back into working order.
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.I am very sorry about your issue. From the sound of it, I believe it is 100% scam. Chances are, your computer is just fine and should continue to be fine. Can you please tell me what problem are you experiencing with your laptop?Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further. A rating is only required when we are finished.Thank you.Best regards,Jess
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
windows has beeen wiped off unable to gain access to internet no connection available
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for writing back. Please provide me some details of your scenario.You mentioned Windows has been wiped off. How did it happen? Did you allow the tech person (the scammer) to take control of your computer?When you turn on the computer, are you still able to use it despite the inability to connect to the internet?Are you using the problem computer now to chat with me using an ethernet cable? Or are you using a different computer?Please let me know so that I can help you further.Best regards,Jess
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Q1 Yes
Q2 Yes but it say it is in safe mode
Q3 No
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for writing back with that information.So I believe you are using a different computer to chat with me now?Can you please tell me the operating system of the problem computer? Is it Windows Vista, 7, 8 or 10?
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
I noticed that you posted duplicate questions. Please let us continue here. Please you the REPLY box to reply to me here.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
windows was on the laptop
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
should read windows 10
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for that information. Are you using the same version of Windows with the problem computer, in the computer that you are using now to chat with me?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
So what version of Windows is running on the computer you are using now?I am asking because, if you want, I can remotely access your computer now and demo to you what to do in the problem computer. Do you want that remote option?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
windows vista
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for that information.I can remotely access your Windows Vista computer so that I can show you what to do to fix the problem laptop. Once fixed, and the problem computer can then access the internet, I can then access it so that I can restore all the bad things that the scammer could have done in your computer.Remote access is an optional additional service offer with a minimal one-time flat fee ($15) regardless of how long it will take me to fix the problem. We can resume any time without additional cost. It is safe as you will be watching your screen and we can chat right there, and it will be a faster mode of help.Please let me know if you want this remote option.Best regards,Jess
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes ok
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your permission to do remote access. I will now send the formal additional service offer of remote access. Please accept it so that I can create our remote session. After accepting it, you will then receive the procedures to join me in the remote session.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for accepting my additional service offer of remote access so that I can help you directly in fixing your problem. For me to remote in, we need a remote access tool. Please follow the steps below to join me in the remote session. 1. Please click on this link:http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=38e8b5dc-57de-4ed1-ad08-33c6f54c2b442. In that page, please click on the green I Agree button3. Then download the remote tool when prompted.4. Run the downloaded remote tool to join me in the remote session. I will be waiting for you there.Thank you. If you are stuck in any of the steps, please let me know so that I can help you further.Best regards,Jess
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I dont seem to be getting through to the remote
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for writing back. I am waiting for you in the remote session. Can you please tell me at which step were you stuck?Were you able to download the remote access tool named "Elsinore.ScreenConnect.Client"? If yes, then you just need to run it. You need to locate where you saved it and then double click on it to run and join me in the remote session.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have all of that it is telling me that it was unsucessful
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Which was unsuccessful? The downloading of the tool? Or the running of the remote tool?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
when clicking on Elsinore etc
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Ok. So it appears that you were able to download the remote access tool. Can you please tell me where did you save it? Is it in your Desktop screen? Or in your Downloads folder?Please give it a another try. Locate the downloaded file, double click on it to run it. If you are given a pop up window, please click on OK or Yes (affirmative) to confirm the running of the remote tool.Please let me know your results.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
when i have tried to open it it is telling me download didnot suceed
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Ok. So back to downloading then. Please download the tool again and make sure that it is saved in your computer. You can save it in your desktop screen so that you can easily see and run it.Please click on this link:http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=38e8b5dc-57de-4ed1-ad08-33c6f54c2b44In that page, please click on the green I Agree buttonThen download the remote tool when prompted.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have tried that several times each time I try to open it tells me download did not suceed
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
You are doing all this in the computer where we are chatting, right?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
That is strange. At this point, we need to use another remote access tool. It has more steps that this first tool I asked you to use.When I am remotely connected, I can then fix this first tool since this is the better option for us.Here are the steps:1. Please click on this link:https://join.me/2. In that page, please click on the orange "Start meeting" button3. Then download the remote tool when prompted.4. After downloading, double click on the downloaded file to run the remote access tool to join me in the remote session.5. Then share your screen and then give me the 9-digit code that you will see in the small JoinMe window. I will be waiting for the 9-digit code.Thank you. If you are stuck in any of the steps, please let me know so that I can help you further.Best regards,Jess
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
tried twice it is telling download did not start
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Ok, so I believe you have trouble with downloading. Have you tried downloading anything from the internet recently? I believe you have a problem downloading. In your computer now, are you using Internet Explorer, Firefox or Chrome browser?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
crome
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Please try another web browser like Internet Explorer. It could be a Chrome issue
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok how do I get back to you
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Just open Internet Explorer web browser WITHOUT closing or affecting chrome. Then do the JoinMe procedures I gave you in Internet Explorer.