Jess M.
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

I have just installed outlook on a new PC and only this months

I have just installed outlook on a new PC and only this months emails are showing
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.I am very sorry about your email issues. Which email account are you using in your MS Outlook? Is it Gmail? Hotmail? AOL? Yahoo Mail? or others?Are all emails intact when you access your email account using the webmail or web browser?Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further. A rating is only required when we are finished.Best regards,Jess
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

we are using a POP account, all emails show on the old device but only this months on the new device

Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for writing back. So you have a new PC and an "old" device accessing the same email accounts. Are these 2 devices setup as POP? Are these "new or this month's emails" also present in the old device?Can you please tell me the domain name of your email account? Is it a corporate domain?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

both devices are POP, we set the new PC up today and only emails are showing from 1st October but show on both devices

domain is @capitalallowancesconsultants.co.uk it is my company domain

Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
In setting up a POP account in an email program like MS Outlook, there is an option to either leave the emails on the server, or leave them on the server but delete them in 14 days, or delete the emails from the server.The best option for you is to access your email account using the webmail if your company provided you the webmail link. That way, you can actually check if all your emails (old and new) are stuck in the server. If not, then that is the main reason why only this month's emails are downloaded by your new Outlook.If you do not know how to access your email using the webmail, your other option is to check the settings of your old device. Please check there is it is set to leave emails on the server but delete after 14 days. If it is, then that explains why your new Outlook is only fetching few emails. I hope that helped. Please remember to rate my service positively (3-5 stars/faces) if this helped. Tips are always highly appreciated!If you need further assistance, please do not rate me negatively with 1 or 2 faces. Instead, please reply to me so that I can help you further.Thank you!Best regards,Jess