Pete
Pete, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience in the Electronics and IT industries.
30970729

Michelle, cannot install windows 10 or any thing else

Hello Michelle, cannot install windows 10 or any thing else due to Safe-OS-Phase numberOxO1900101 - Ox20017. have tried many things with little result
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.
Michelle is currently offline.
I am Pete, a UK computer expert, and I'll be happy to assist with your question.
Please try the following:
1. Disable (preferrably uninstall) your Antivirus utility before attempting the upgrade.
2. Restart a few times and try again.
3. Disable General USB Devices in Device Manager (eg. Smart Card Reader).
4. If you are using a SCSI hard disk, make sure you have drivers available for your storage device on a thumbdrive and it is connected. During Windows 10 setup, click the Custom Advanced Option and use the Load Driver command to load the appropriate driver for the SCSI drive. If this does not work and setup still fails, consider switching to a IDE based hard disk.
5. Do a clean boot and try again.
6. If you are upgrading using the .ISO file, disconnect from the Internet during setup, if you are connected by LAN (Ethernet) or Wi-Fi, disable both and attempt setup again.
7. If you are updating through Windows Update, when the download reaches 100% disconnect from the Internet LAN (Ethernet) or Wi-Fi and proceed with the installation.
8. If that does not work, try using the .ISO file to upgrade if possible.
9. If you are connected to a domain, switch to a local account
10. If you have any external devices attached to the machine, disconnect them (example, gaming controllers, USB keys, external hard disk, printers, non-essential devices).
To upgrade using a Windows 10 ISO file, see:
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/wiki/insider_wintp-insider_install/how-to-upgrade-from-previous-versions-of-windows/31722b30-1da9-42bb-b331-0edc4649bf43
Let me know how you get on.
Pete.